Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I recently purchased FKX's Ram Air Intake for the 2.0 N/A K20C2 Civic and I'm pretty impressed with how things turned out. I haven't driven in the rain yet so I cannot comment about how it is during the rain but I can say that with my supporting mods (RV6 Non-catted Downpipe, KTuner Base Map, and Invidia Exhaust) that is sounds and feels great.

Honda Civic 10th gen FKXRacing Ram Air Intake 86459495_193850228360455_1870780208156508160_n

I used an old bracket to mount the intake pipe as this was a prototype kit from FKX for the 2.0 owner and I was the first to install and get the kit. It was a pretty difficult install if I'm being honest between the pipe being long (longer than the AEM one I had) and the rubber hose connecting the ducting to the carbon fiber housed air filter. It took me about 3 hours simply because cutting the intake resonator turned out to be the biggest challenge. The 1.5T Civics have a smaller intake resonator where the 2.0 has one that's well over a foot and one piece (see last picture). They installed the resonator box and then install the engine and it's components after is what I'm thinking. Regardless one you get the 3 or 4 bolts that keep it place together with a 10mil you can just sawzall it like I had to do.

Not seen here is the notching I had to do on the carbon fiber lip so I had a little more room to attach the bracket. Super easy dremmel job and you can't even see it unless you look at it from under the intake piping.

Honda Civic 10th gen FKXRacing Ram Air Intake 12312321

I had to cut about an inch off this rubber connecting tube so it would fit into the both the ducting and the foglight metal bevel lip without popping out the faux bumper cover. You can see the ziptie that clamps the rubber connecting tube to the ducting. With this in place the tube cannot be sucked back into the bumper like what was happening before I put it on. Now the rubber connecting tube has no where to go so it stay connected to the foglight and the ducting as it's supposed to.

Honda Civic 10th gen FKXRacing Ram Air Intake 86696115_503232460583826_1857739257221742592_n

There is everything you need for the kit included. The only thing extra I had to purchase was one large ziptie for the foglight metal bevel to connect it to the ducting that leads up to the air filter. The supplied clamps were too big and the space to clamp them was just too small to keep it secured especially under wide open throttle when it sucks in all the air. With the ziptie it prevents the ducting and rubber connector from falling back into the bumper through the little space in the bumper.

Honda Civic 10th gen FKXRacing Ram Air Intake 86853673_500107544272644_8511713518028849152_n

The above picture is another issue I ran into because of space. The intake piping is quite long no matter how far back I pushed it on the throttle body (I used the connecting rubber from the AEM intake to connect it to the throttle body). This piece that's connected to the carbon fiber air filter cover kept coming off when I went to put on the intake pipe to the throttle body. Once connected all the way it stays on pretty well especially once I got the pipe to fit onto the throttle body.

Honda Civic 10th gen FKXRacing Ram Air Intake IMG_0024.JPG

This is that HUGE intake resonator box that DarkLight took a photo of when he removed it from his car. Not an easy job to do and the trick is to either cut into small pieces like I did or unbolt and try to remove it after you remove the skidplate.

Overall I'd say the product is a solid 9/10 in terms of what it's intended purpose is. It does what it advertises and I'm seeing about 3-5 degrees lower in the over IAT's.

In terms of installation I'd give it a 4/10. It's not an impossible installation it's just difficult with spacing and hardware adjustment.

If anyone is considering this upgrade and would like help/a write up on how I did it let me know and I will do my best to explain what I did.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for the write-up. I love the build of this intake. I don't see how it can be done much better without driving costs up significantly. Very nice!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How have you been liking this setup so far? I'm considering making a 'drag strip only' setup like this for my 1.5t. Have you seen any differences between your maf g/s, air/fuel ratios and/or injector duty cycles from your stock intake setup?

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What are map readings? Maybe a velocity stack will help

OP
OP
Civic_rob

Civic_rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX-P
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How have you been liking this setup so far? I'm considering making a 'drag strip only' setup like this for my 1.5t. Have you seen any differences between your maf g/s, air/fuel ratios and/or injector duty cycles from your stock intake setup?
Sorry for the late response. The intake air temps are drastically reduced especially on the highway. I usually see ~10 over ambient from 25-45mph and 6-8 on the highway (50-80mph). The AFR is sitting pretty at 14.5 consistently. I haven't monitored the fuel trims/injector duty cycles as much as everything else sadly.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for the late response. The intake air temps are drastically reduced especially on the highway. I usually see ~10 over ambient from 25-45mph and 6-8 on the highway (50-80mph). The AFR is sitting pretty at 14.5 consistently. I haven't monitored the fuel trims/injector duty cycles as much as everything else sadly.
Thanks for your response. It's good that you are liking your setup.

I bet if you logged your injector duty cycles before and after this intake setup, you'd see your duty cycle numbers go up with the FKX Racing intake. I noticed this when making a homemade Myxal SRI-CAI setup on my 2015 Honda Fit. I made it a dual setup for testing too but just from the foglight worked well.

Honda Civic 10th gen FKXRacing Ram Air Intake Honda Fit Intak
Sponsored