First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
280 civic type r fk8
Country flag
i use hondata but i have a custom tune from Drob :p

that engine definitely doesn't sound good but hard to believe it's from the base tune.
I’m am pretty certain it is due to hondata’s rolling anti lag, the only thing I have changed w the set up is that,
Sponsored

OP
OP
Christian504

Christian504

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
280 civic type r fk8
Country flag
First ive herd keep us updated , is that happened with a base tune its crazy because theres people here with more than 350hp and tq and haven't had problems did you tweek anything in the bas e tune
That is why I am kind of confused , I have heard of people pushing 30+lb of boost and are perfectly fine , It was definitely a basemap tune from hondata , never has the car been dyno tuned yet, that was the plan to get done before March .

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Was it 91 with other mods 93 with mods or 91,93 with out mods , because i had the 91 map with intercooler and intake with only prl front pipe and used it like 2 weeks before i custom tuned it ,and when i went to the dyno the base map gave me good power , 326 hp and 332 tq the tuner told me in was perfect no knock no nothing
After that he tuned that map up to 375 376tq and it knocked , he then told me i cant use 91 octane gas anymore to use only 93oct he also told me not to use shell 91 because its not good for tuned cars even if it was tuned on 91 since shell is good and best used on normal daily cars at least here were im from i know theres is states with 93 but well. All this is on hondata flash pro . He then told me to drive it on the street while he checked if it had any knock , once he finished we stopped and he uploaded the tune to the ctr and i haven't had any problems , did you ever full throttle at low rpm 5 gear at less that 2k rpm

Last edited:

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Those hondata base tuned must be only touched by tuners than know what there doing any tweak by someone that doesn't understand tuning is risking blowing the engine hondata tunes are safe my tuner is a dealer for both hondata and ktuner and he proved to me on the dyno

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m am pretty certain it is due to hondata’s rolling anti lag, the only thing I have changed w the set up is that,
Yeah, that's what it probably was, I'm afraid. It warned you not to use it. You bang banged too hard and threw a rod. Nobody has done this on a basemap alone without the antilag.

Don't get me wrong, I use the antilag too for shits and giggles, but extremely sparingly and I never lay on it and I know what can happen.

Some people are gonna be judgemental assholes but we need to know: were you lightly using the antilag or making the whole town know you had it every time you drove?

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought anti-lag (primarily) blew up the cat, how does it cause the engine to throw a rod? (Sorry, I only know the basics of how engines work)

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Anti lag gets the car high on boost maintains that boost and then when you foor it boom takes off thats why handata warns you the car shouldn't highly moded i had a veloster turbo had that same noise had a bent rod on piston 3 but to my understanding you have to activate in with the cancel button on the cruise control

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
If you fix it keep us posted first one this forum unless theres another i haven't seen

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It always comes back to the Anti-Lag. RIP bro. Time for rods, pistons and more boost!

OP
OP
Christian504

Christian504

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
280 civic type r fk8
Country flag
It always comes back to the Anti-Lag. RIP bro. Time for rods, pistons and more boost!
Lol of course , it is getting forged internals now , but it does suck that it happened

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Look up if you go forged pistons as these aren't good for daily driving . More racing not the same as cast

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
I wrote "in most cases", learn to read man. I wouldn't just blindly blame Hondata, it's up to the end user to use it properly.
That’s not called rod knock that’s called spark knock and they sound nothing alike. Unless he eliminated knock sensor use the car will pull timing before it can even get that far And you will very unlikely here any noise at all. Also the car will often hesitate during this timing pull.
Sponsored