FK8 rear sway on FK7

• Thread starter Deleted member 24192
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 24192

I'm looking to reduce body roll and upgrade the rear sway on my Sport hatch. I found a seller on eBay with a Type R sway, but he doesn't know if it'll fit the FK7. I like how he told me to "please refer to an trusted online source" hahaha!

So, anyone know if it's a match? I would consider an Si sway if it'll fit, but I don't know if a 2mm-ish difference in thickness will be noticeable.

Btw, the seller is only selling the bar (no end links). So another set of questions would be a) does my current set of end links work with the Type R bar, and b) if they do, should I replace them anyway to reap significant benefits? I heard people using the Accord links for extra stiffness.

Thank you in advance, "trusted online sources."
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
yes the type r bar will fit, yes you can re use your oem endlinks. but with honda increasing the price of the type r sway bar you can usually find an aftermarket set for cheaper

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
Yes to the bar and yes to the FK7 endlinks. People have also used the 2018+ Accord rear endlinks as well as the FK8 endlinks. Either one will fit, can’t say which is stronger, but the accord and FK8 endlinks are metal compared to what looks like composite on the FK7 and Si.

OP
OP

Deleted member 24192

Thanks trusted sources! I'll go for the Type R bar or the Progress one (same thickness as the CTR). I'll try to get Type R endlinks because if it's good enlightening for that fantastic beast, it's good enough for mine.
Sponsored