_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
So I've been running this exhaust on my hatch for a couple of weeks now and I couldn't be happier with it. My one issue with it is the small brace that has to be removed because of the front/small resonator. For those running this exhaust, what are you using to replace this mount?

Thanks
Sponsored

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback sport manual
Country flag
You don't need that brace. The Fk7 is the only civic that has it.

I had a exhaust shop cut that small resonator out so that I could put the brace back on. But that wasn't the main reason I had it cut out. I was looking for more sound and I wanted to get rid of the 2 inch bottle neck at the start of the exhaust.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fk8 OEM exhaust on Fk7 question 20181222_005916
Honda Civic 10th gen Fk8 OEM exhaust on Fk7 question 20181222_010438

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag

I had a exhaust shop cut that small resonator out so that I could put the brace back on. But that wasn't the main reason I had it cut out. I was looking for more sound and I wanted to get rid of the 2 inch bottle neck at the start of the exhaust.
20181222_005916.jpg
20181222_010438.jpg
How much louder is it with the small resonator out? Also, did the drone increase?

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Honestly it sounded the same to me. Maybe slightly louder. I didn't notice any additional drone.
I've been debating taking it out, but probably going to wait to see how much louder it is with a down pipe.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got the FK8 exhaust and people said this was a direct bolt on. Did I hear wrong? What customization do I need to do?

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
I just got the FK8 exhaust and people said this was a direct bolt on. Did I hear wrong? What customization do I need to do?
Bolts up like stock. You just need to trim the bumper garnish so the tips can fit.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bolts up like stock. You just need to trim the bumper garnish so the tips can fit.
Thanks HatchED. Does the front pipe fit on too? Did you guys buy new exhaust gasket?

OP
OP
_HatchED_

_HatchED_

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hatchback Sport 6mt
Country flag
Thanks HatchED. Does the front pipe fit on too? Did you guys buy new exhaust gasket?
Idk. I have a catless dp/fp combo I install in conjunction with the catback, and used the supplied gaskets.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

20181222_005916.jpg
20181222_010438.jpg
Since you bought the aftermarket DP/FP, was it a 2.5 or 3". When you said you got rid of the 2" bottle neck, did you replace it with a 2.5 flange to connect it with you aftermarket FP?

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Since you bought the aftermarket DP/FP, was it a 2.5 or 3". When you said you got rid of the 2" bottle neck, did you replace it with a 2.5 flange to connect it with you aftermarket FP?
DP/FP are 3 inch. Yes it was replaced with a 2.5 flange.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
DP/FP are 3 inch. Yes it was replaced with a 2.5 flange.
I tried searching, but couldn't find a diffuser that would fit our sport rear bumper with the Type R exhaust. Anyone here can help? I remember seeing one before.

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I tried searching, but couldn't find a diffuser that would fit our sport rear bumper with the Type R exhaust. Anyone here can help? I remember seeing one before.
So you don't want to run the stock diffuser? What year is your sport hatch? I don't think the new sport diffuser will fit the type r exhaust.

Ghosted

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatch Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So you don't want to run the stock diffuser? What year is your sport hatch? I don't think the new sport diffuser will fit the type r exhaust.
Want to see what options are out there. 2018 Sport. I'm not sure if the 2020 diffuser will fit.

Shadowfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Want to see what options are out there. 2018 Sport. I'm not sure if the 2020 diffuser will fit.
Ah I see. Sorry I don't know of any. I am pretty sure the 2020 sport diffuser will not work though.
Sponsored