FK8 Master Spring Thread!

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got a couple more pictures of 00057 since installing the Eibach Pro-Kit!
100% loving it! No rubbing at all, fender tucks tire on all 4 conners without dumping the front lip on the ground.

HRE FF15 20"x9.5" 42ET x Eibach Pro-Kit x Toyo 255/30/ZR20
Your CTR is looking good! :beer: The lowering springs make that car look really good imo.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M3CS / 2017 Chevy Tahoe Z71
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Your CTR is looking good! :beer: The lowering springs make that car look really good imo.
Thank you!
I am really happy with the 20" wheel x Eibach combo.
Install was easy, we did not come across any issues, it didn't require a crazy alignment afterwards and the finish product drives great!
Was worried at first the springs wouldn't satisfy my itch to go low but they have settled in just fine!

Meat Hammer

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP Civic Type R #1464
Country flag
You guys can thank me later.. i would save up for these instead of doing eibach springs.. atleast it has caster plates

2v1suc0.jpg

https://groundcontrolstore.com/coll...ration-honda-civic-type-r-coilover-conversion
Game changer for $800. Ground Control sleeves, camber plates, and Eibach springs are a recipe proven over decades. Honda likely used sufficiently robust OEM shocks (Showa?) in the FK8 Type R to handle moderately higher spring rates and lower ride heights.

A set of comparable full coilovers with remote variable damping/modes, custom spring rates, and camber adjustment will undoubtedly sport quite the baller price tag.

Last edited:

Honda-Swiss

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8
Country flag

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
Has anyone installed swift springs? Would like to know the ride quality and if it really lowered it 1 inch. Im still deciding between swift and eibachs.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone installed swift springs? Would like to know the ride quality and if it really lowered it 1 inch. Im still deciding between swift and eibachs.
yeah, someone on here has them I believe. I saw a pic and it is definitely lower than eibach...I'm just curious how it rides with our modes (comfort, sport, R+)

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found a pic on kamispeed's site and it says you can still utilize all 3 modes of driving:
https://www.kamispeed.com/Swift-Spec-R-Performance-Springs-Civic-Type-R-FK8-p/swf.ctrspcr.htm

Also this guy has them...dang they look good:
https://www.civicx.com/threads/yokohama-advan-rz2-hyper-black-review-pictures.19739/

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Got a couple more pictures of 00057 since installing the Eibach Pro-Kit!
100% loving it! No rubbing at all, fender tucks tire on all 4 conners without dumping the front lip on the ground.

HRE FF15 20"x9.5" 42ET x Eibach Pro-Kit x Toyo 255/30/ZR20

IMG_0661.jpg

IMG_0717.PNG

IMG_0716.PNG

IMG_0704.PNG
Like he mentioned in his write-up: Depo. You don't have to get the LED version. TBH I like the Depo design better than the OEM clears. The Depo mimics the OEM orange design except it's clear whereas the OEM clears are a window with horizontal line designs. Damn I butchered these descriptions lol.
How is it going over steep inclines at a full turn? Do you rub at all?

toraider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR FK8
Country flag

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FYI - CVCCR's car has prototype Swift Springs. They are likely lower than the regular 1 inch retail version. If you are buying based on the way his car looks you will likely be disappointed.
I actually was starting to think they are a little too low. I'll wait and see how they look on another ctr

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
FYI - CVCCR's car has prototype Swift Springs. They are likely lower than the regular 1 inch retail version. If you are buying based on the way his car looks you will likely be disappointed.
yup. he's mentioned that a few times on this forum i believe.