FK8 Master Spring Thread!

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Folks with the Swift springs, how’s the ride in sport mode? Is it as stiff as stock springs in R+ mode?

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
Can someone please confirm that Swifts with 18x9.5 +35 and a 265/35/18 tire won't rub?

Also, consensus on Swifts as a dual-duty spring (daily, casual autocross, occasional track) with street tires (200TW and greater)?
You will rub with this setup. Might be able to pull it off with 255/35/18 depending on tires.
Folks with the Swift springs, how’s the ride in sport mode? Is it as stiff as stock springs in R+ mode?
Ride feels the same if anything it feels a lot better IMO.

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am lowered on Swift and the ride isn't to bad at all. I also switched out the 20s for 18s so that also makes a huge difference for comfort.

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! IMG_20200413_153029_816

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice! Any rubbing with that wheel specs? Mine is 18x9.5 +40 so I have an extra 2mm clearance.
Thanks! No rubbing 18x9.5 +38 265/35/18 indy 500s

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Anyone here have experience with the H&R springs? I'm highly considering ordering them. I like how they have a rear biased spring rate (not as stiff as Swift) and the drop is less as I feel with the Swift's I'd be scraping the ground more. Also looking to get the rv6 rear sway bar and endlinks along with rear camber arms.

Problem is with all of this coronavirus BS I wouldn't be able to wait in a waiting room to get an alignment. Really don't feel like dropping it off. It will probably be a huge PITA but I wanted to try and make sure the alignment was straight myself. My friends offered a hand as well. Would be a good learning experience. Rear camber will definitely be too negative with the drop, just have to dial that in and make sure toe is correct.

Anyone have experience with doing their alignment?

Can't wait to get rid of the wheel Gap with these 18s

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
I’m on the same boat. I’ve been waiting for a real comparison between H&R and other springs since I got the car 2 years ago, but it looks like only a few members here have it. It’s more popular among BMW guys, and Swift is more popular in the JDM scene. One of the vendors told me for every 100 Swifts, they sell 1 H&R. I ultimately decided to go with Swift because of its popularity, and it’s not my daily so I don’t mind the higher spring rate. I’m hesitant to bring it to a shop because of the COVID-19, but for the alignment, I don’t think DIY is a good idea. Those adjustments are so intricate, and I don’t know how precise it is to do it yourself. I’m thinking of dropping it off at a reputable shop and ask them the specs sheet after they’re done.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Anyone here have experience with the H&R springs? I'm highly considering ordering them. I like how they have a rear biased spring rate (not as stiff as Swift) and the drop is less as I feel with the Swift's I'd be scraping the ground more. Also looking to get the rv6 rear sway bar and endlinks along with rear camber arms.

Problem is with all of this coronavirus BS I wouldn't be able to wait in a waiting room to get an alignment. Really don't feel like dropping it off. It will probably be a huge PITA but I wanted to try and make sure the alignment was straight myself. My friends offered a hand as well. Would be a good learning experience. Rear camber will definitely be too negative with the drop, just have to dial that in and make sure toe is correct.

Anyone have experience with doing their alignment?

Can't wait to get rid of the wheel Gap with these 18s
Where did you find the spring rates? Can't find them anywhere. Wish they were linear. Their 0.8" drop could be perfect and allow for 255/40s on 18x9.5 wheels, whereas the Swifts are a little too low.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where did you find the spring rates? Can't find them anywhere. Wish they were linear. Their 0.8" drop could be perfect and allow for 255/40s on 18x9.5 wheels, whereas the Swifts are a little too low.
On the first page or so

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m on the same boat. I’ve been waiting for a real comparison between H&R and other springs since I got the car 2 years ago, but it looks like only a few members here have it. It’s more popular among BMW guys, and Swift is more popular in the JDM scene. One of the vendors told me for every 100 Swifts, they sell 1 H&R. I ultimately decided to go with Swift because of its popularity, and it’s not my daily so I don’t mind the higher spring rate. I’m hesitant to bring it to a shop because of the COVID-19, but for the alignment, I don’t think DIY is a good idea. Those adjustments are so intricate, and I don’t know how precise it is to do it yourself. I’m thinking of dropping it off at a reputable shop and ask them the specs sheet after they’re done.
Perhaps. I'm sure I could manage to do it, a friend of mine is willing to give me a hand with install and alignment. Alignment will be a giant PITA I'm sure, mainly ensuring toe is correct. Camber shouldn't be too hard. Going to have to jack the car up, make adjustments to the tie rods, sit it back down on the ground and roll it back and forth to get the components to settle. Measure what I've got, jack it back up and adjust and repeat. It's definitely doable. Plus would be a good learning experience. I've installed all of my bolt ons and done my own maintenance so far without issue.

The swifts may be a little too low and I wouldn't want to scrape the ground a bunch. My wheels would be fine at 18x9.5 +45 265/35/18 I do want to get another set of wheels eventually so I can put winter tires on them and super sticky summer tires on my TC105x's instead of just running PS A/S 3+. I want to get the wheels I originally wanted that were unavailable at the time I was looking for better wheels. Konig ampliforms which have a +35 offset and might rub in the rear if I lowered it like on the swifts.

VinRRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R16017
Country flag
Props to you for doing it yourself man! Just curious, how do you measure the camber and toe? Do you have a device that goes onto the wheels or by eyes?

My springs arrived to today. Thanks @Kami Speed! Can’t wait to put it on.

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! 77EEAD7D-A366-4FC3-A909-F1D3EFC6F9A1
Sponsored