First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
275/35/18 should be fine on stock height.

MAYBE fine on eibach springs but probably wont be fine on swifts. I wasn't a fan of eibachs. Had them first and switched over to swifts and love them much more than the eibachs.
This is with -2.1 deg rear camber lowered on swift springs on my own car with 265/35/18s RT615K's on a 18x9.5 +45.
I don't have personal experience with 275/35s but looking at my pics, it looks awfully close if i was to have 275s
zR6zwVi.jpg

FDi24UA.jpg
Thanks brother!
Sponsored

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
275/35/18 on 9.5 +45 forsure confirm rub lowered.. i am not sure if it will rub if not lowered.... but i would bet my bottom dollar that if you lean hard enough you would..

my advice is.. if you plan to lower.. dont go 275s.. the guy i know is on eibach pro kit and hes having to either shave or camber more than what is needed.. pretty much make the car fit the tires since he is stuck with those tires..

he has really two options.. get rid of the tires or shape the car to fit around it.. you can only camber so much.

he said hes rubbing on just minor dips on the fwy.. you shouldnt be rubbing at all anywhere. 265/35/18s are the way to go for 18x9.5 +40 to +45.. thats the safe choice.. if you want headaches.. go 275.. personally i dont think its worth it for extra 10mm..
Thanks again. I'm not worried about the extra 10 mm for width, but it adds just a little to overall circumference and for some reason I'm hung up on staying as close to stock in that regard as possible. But, a wide-ish 265/35 like an A052 or AD08R can still work with a slight drop, were I decide to go that route in the future. I just need to stop worrying about circumference and consider all of the variables which makes 265/35-18 the best choice.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
275/35/18 on 9.5 +45 forsure confirm rub lowered.. i am not sure if it will rub if not lowered.... but i would bet my bottom dollar that if you lean hard enough you would..

my advice is.. if you plan to lower.. dont go 275s.. the guy i know is on eibach pro kit and hes having to either shave or camber more than what is needed.. pretty much make the car fit the tires since he is stuck with those tires..

he has really two options.. get rid of the tires or shape the car to fit around it.. you can only camber so much.

he said hes rubbing on just minor dips on the fwy.. you shouldnt be rubbing at all anywhere. 265/35/18s are the way to go for 18x9.5 +40 to +45.. thats the safe choice.. if you want headaches.. go 275.. personally i dont think its worth it for extra 10mm..
i do agree with you. If lowering is your choice (especially on swifts) i don't think 275s are worth the effort.
and totally agree with you on get the wheels/tires to fit the car and not to get the car to fit the wheels/tires.
Thanks again. I'm not worried about the extra 10 mm for width, but it adds just a little to overall circumference and for some reason I'm hung up on staying as close to stock in that regard as possible. But, a wide-ish 265/35 like an A052 or AD08R can still work with a slight drop, were I decide to go that route in the future. I just need to stop worrying about circumference and consider all of the variables which makes 265/35-18 the best choice.
265/35s isnt too far off from the factory circumference at least. it also doesn't look too bad without a drop.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
180sx type x , civic x si
Country flag
The guys with the swift.. do you guys get a little clunk when driving around? I hear small clunking noises
Actually yes! I was getting a clunk on the rear and it was driving me crazy . Only when driving over bumps and or drive ways . So I undid the rears and made sure everything was fine which it was . Re tightened everything again and it went away . Try that if it's the rears.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I hear nothing as well

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag

I was looking at a set of wheels you had offered FS and saw you're also stock height like I am. Reading this now, I have to ask a question: What do you have against 255/40/18? It won't ever rub on a +45 9.5" wheel, it rides close to perfection, is extremely close to stock circumference specs, and slightly reduces wheel gap. You can run a really aggressive street tire like the RE71R and the 40 sidewall won't ever be an issue. I'm running that on S007A Bridgestone tires and like it a lot.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was looking at a set of wheels you had offered FS and saw you're also stock height like I am. Reading this now, I have to ask a question: What do you have against 255/40/18? It won't ever rub on a +45 9.5" wheel, it rides close to perfection, is extremely close to stock circumference specs, and slightly reduces wheel gap. You can run a really aggressive street tire like the RE71R and the 40 sidewall won't ever be an issue. I'm running that on S007A Bridgestone tires and like it a lot.
Two reasons, and I don't get me wrong, I really like the 255/40-18 setup I have, but I think 265/40 would satisfy both of my minor quibbles:

255/40 still looks just the tiniest bit stretched on a 9.5" wheel. I think it would look perfect on a 9" wheel, and 265 looks perfect on 9.5". Simply aesthetics on that one.
265/40 gets me to a 26.3" tire height, stock is 25.8". If there is one minor nit I have with the CTR it's that having had a wheel/tire slightly taller than stock, the effective gearing lengthens a little and personally, I prefer it. Objectively, my Dragy reports slightly faster times between certain intervals as well but those are close enough I wouldn't know it without a measurement tool telling me, if that makes sense.

That said, I've got a long ways to go on this 255/40 setup so at this point it's just idle thinking :)

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
Two reasons, and I don't get me wrong, I really like the 255/40-18 setup I have, but I think 265/40 would satisfy both of my minor quibbles:

255/40 still looks just the tiniest bit stretched on a 9.5" wheel. I think it would look perfect on a 9" wheel, and 265 looks perfect on 9.5". Simply aesthetics on that one.
265/40 gets me to a 26.3" tire height, stock is 25.8". If there is one minor nit I have with the CTR it's that having had a wheel/tire slightly taller than stock, the effective gearing lengthens a little and personally, I prefer it. Objectively, my Dragy reports slightly faster times between certain intervals as well but those are close enough I wouldn't know it without a measurement tool telling me, if that makes sense.

That said, I've got a long ways to go on this 255/40 setup so at this point it's just idle thinking :)
Sorry, there must be some confusion on my end. I thought that you had been running 255/35/18. I feel like those would be way too short compared to stock.

I’m also interested in perhaps trying at 265/40 next time.

I agree with you that the gearing is a bit short. I discovered that whilst I was R shopping last year when I threw everything into a gear speed calculator. Heck, it’s even shorter than that assuming early fuel cut before indicated redline.

I think the wheel gap looks fine with 255/40. Would probably be nearly perfect with a 265/40.

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! C93A1A70-1A88-41A9-9092-7C3A545C5E06

Last edited:

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry, there must be some confusion on my end. I thought that you had been running 255/35/18. I feel like those would be way too short compared to stock.

I’m also interested in perhaps trying at 265/40 next time.

I agree with you that the gearing is a bit short. I discovered that whilst I R shopping last year when I threw everything into a gear speed calculator. Heck, it’s even shorter than that assuming early fuel cut before indicated redline.

I think the wheel gap looks fine with 255/40. Would probably be nearly perfect with a 265/40.

C93A1A70-1A88-41A9-9092-7C3A545C5E06.jpeg

No, you're not wrong, I've just had a ton of wheel/tire setups lately, lol:

Original setup
OZ 20" setup with 245/35-20 PS4S
CR Kais with 255/35-18 Indy 500s
CR Kais with 255/40-18 PS4S
Original wheels with 255/35-20 ContiForceContact street/track tires - only driven on that setup once. Hate how heavy the stock wheels are, those tires will come off and get sold at some point, thankfully I got a smoking deal on them so won't completely lose my ass

So really, the only ones I haven't tried are 265/35-18 and 265/40-18. Since I'm stock height, I think I can get away with the latter on +45 wheels (which my Works are not, they are +38 and will be sold once the new wheels arrive). But, I'll swap over the 255/40 PS4S setup to the new wheels and I'll probably have 2-3 seasons before I'll need to think about new tires.

As it stands, I basically have a claptrap wheel and tire shop in my basement right now. Derp.

bcsmokewest

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r fk8 2019
Country flag
Thanks! With the "confirmed rubbing" bit - is that lowered, or at stock height?

It's not a common size, but 265/40-18 seems like it gets me what I want, but not sure there's really anyone running it, while lowered, to comment. Swift sure seems like a popular choice, they're at the top of my list, if I choose to go the lowered route.

So do y’all thinks I could run Swift’s and a 265/40/18?

xABNINx

First Name
Roderick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - 2019
Country flag
The guys with the swift.. do you guys get a little clunk when driving around? I hear small clunking noises
Yes I do. Left driver side. I notice it going on an angle to avoid scrape.