Honda-Swiss

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R FK8
Country flag
oh and H&R uses a progressive spring rate, I assume they sent out an average. Even so it's interested to have someone test these on the track, to see how it affects the balance of the car since they seem to be banking on correcting understeer

lol no worries, I wasn't very clear
Aren't the Eibach progressivs too? Or at least the front spring? I guess those numbers of both manufacturers are difficult to compare. I the end we are in need of real comparison tests under the same conditions (I know this will be almost impossible...)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
Aren't the Eibach progressivs too? Or at least the front spring? I guess those numbers of both manufacturers are difficult to compare. I the end we are in need of real comparison tests under the same conditions (I know this will be almost impossible...)
yes both Eibach and H&R are progressive, generally the consensus is that Eibach tends to be more comfortable but H&R performs a hair better. This is consistent with the rear spring rates, but the H&R front rate being that much softer on average is interesting. A comparison like that would be necessary lol, I guess for now you'll have to go off different driver feedback

OP
OP
Kami Speed

Kami Speed

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Billy @ Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kamispeed.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda CR-Z & 2006 Honda S2000
Country flag
Does anybody know the front and rear spring rate for the swift springs ?
Swift was suppose to send that over to us but nothing so far... Let me re-up with them!

dinfung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Acura NSX, 2012 Porsche C4S, 2013 Mercedes R350
If I install swift lowering springs will it void warranty on non suspension related issues ? Does anyone know
General idea on Manufacture warranty will not be void unless what you have done cause the problem or issue.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Has anyone posted the "how to" video yet?
Rear looks easy, curious how does the front break down?
rears took me 15 mins for both.
Fronts took me 2 hour 30 mins for the first side, then 45mins on the second side. You must pop off the lower ball joint.
I basically removed almost everything on the front suspension except for the ball joint on the shock fork and the axle nut. It's a MAJOR pain in the a**

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! hFDNTp1

Acutally, doesn't look like a whole lot when I look up what i removed lol. Picture makes it look easier than it really was lol. There was a whole lot of prying that's for sure. Also doesn't help that some of the components are made out of aluminum.

Last edited:

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I ordered a set of H&R's today. When I put them on in the spring, I'll you guys know how looks/drives.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
rears took me 15 mins for both.
Fronts took me 2 hour 30 mins for the first side, then 45mins on the second side. You must pop off the lower ball joint.
I basically removed almost everything on the front suspension except for the ball joint on the shock fork and the axle nut. It's a MAJOR pain in the a**

hFDNTp1.png

Acutally, doesn't look like a whole lot when I look up what i removed lol. Picture makes it look easier than it really was lol. There was a whole lot of prying that's for sure. Also doesn't help that some of the components are made out of aluminum.
I've done a lot of suspension work and some of those include setups like this.

IMO, you wasted your time doing that. Just remove the endlink from the sway bar at the top from both sides (as in the passenger and driver side...this will help release the tension holding that strut assembly up), then the two bolts holding the strut...you should then be able push down on the assembly and have enough room to move the shock out.

Although, I haven't done it yet on this car, so I could be wrong.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I've done a lot of suspension work and some of those include setups like this.

IMO, you wasted your time doing that. Just remove the endlink from the sway bar at the top from both sides (as in the passenger and driver side...this will help release the tension holding that strut assembly up), then the two bolts holding the strut...you should then be able push down on the assembly and have enough room to move the shock out.

Although, I haven't done it yet on this car, so I could be wrong.
How about you go try that yourself first lol.
But Your right on the end links. Not sure why I mark the bottom part but I only removed the bolt from the strut and not the bottom.
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! xcjr5aV

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How about you go try that yourself first lol.
But Your right on the end links. Not sure why I mark the bottom part but I only removed the bolt from the strut and not the bottom.
xcjr5aV.jpg
lol, you got me there, yeah, maybe one day I'll do it myself. I'm not totally sure I want to lower this car...seems low enough. I've had EP3, and a few FA5s lowered on buddy club coilovers...this car feels perfect as is...but being slightly lower wouldn't look so bad.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
lol, you got me there, yeah, maybe one day I'll do it myself. I'm not totally sure I want to lower this car...seems low enough. I've had EP3, and a few FA5s lowered on buddy club coilovers...this car feels perfect as is...but being slightly lower wouldn't look so bad.
The wheel gap was fine stock for me. I've had my share of low cars and I didn't really want another one that was super low. Maybe I am just getting older haha.

But once I put my Volks on and the 265/35s, it created a little more gap than stock due to the tire size and since these were only a 0.8" drop, I decided to lower it. It's really subtle and looks great.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The wheel gap was fine stock for me. I've had my share of low cars and I didn't really want another one that was super low. Maybe I am just getting older haha.

But once I put my Volks on and the 265/35s, it created a little more gap than stock due to the tire size and since these were only a 0.8" drop, I decided to lower it. It's really subtle and looks great.
I hear ya! I'm 40...too old to be slammed hahaha.
Sponsored