Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Definitely loving these.

F38B21F8-2E45-429E-9EE8-9BD5D72560F2.jpeg

6988DFD7-0BC8-424F-AD50-6A0F7224DFF2.jpeg

F23B7973-E941-4897-800A-0AE5A5DD57DF.jpeg
from the pics, swift seems to have a better drop appearance imo.

Both Spoon and Prokit seem to have that saggy rear to it, lol...reminds me of WRX's when you'd lowered it...had to get these little spacers to correct the look.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
from the pics, swift seems to have a better drop appearance imo.

Both Spoon and Prokit seem to have that saggy rear to it, lol...reminds me of WRX's when you'd lowered it...had to get these little spacers to correct the look.
Thanks bro. Looks really good and handles so well. Highly recommend Swift to anyone looking for lower springs.

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone has had Eibach ProKit and can directly compare pros and cons to spoon springs??
they are virtually identical. eibach pro kit springs were developed in conjunction with spoon usa as one of test mules to begin with. spoon springs then replicated exact same specs. only difference is spoon is progressive front and rear vs pro kit of linear front and progressive rear. prokit is made in usa vs spoon made in japan. otherwise they are literally identical springs.

this info came directly from spoon usa with whom we have a special partnership and product review schedule in place.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
they are virtually identical. eibach pro kit springs were developed in conjunction with spoon usa as one of test mules to begin with. spoon springs then replicated exact same specs. only difference is spoon is progressive front and rear vs pro kit of linear front and progressive rear. prokit is made in usa vs spoon made in japan. otherwise they are literally identical springs.

this info came directly from spoon usa with whom we have a special partnership and product review schedule in place.
I have noticed that spoon springs definitely ride a bit softer due to how they were made though (in regards to daily driving and coming up to bumps/speed bumps).

Prokit felt noticeably stiffer in comparison.

alexlude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - NH0
Country flag
For folks saying they like Swift much more than Eibach what is the reason why? I thought Swift was much more stiff?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
For folks saying they like Swift much more than Eibach what is the reason why? I thought Swift was much more stiff?
I'm not sure about Eibach but what I can tell you friend my Swift experience is they feel incredibly similar to stock in every sense and provide a much nicer visual drop.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i've posted somewhere before but i forgot. I had eibachs first then changed to swift.

my main reason for changing is :
1. lower drop
2. more even drop front to rear. eibach seems to look higher in the front
3. higher rate in the rear compared to eibachs which i prefer.

TypeWavey

Free The Wave
First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2016 Aprilia RSV4
Country flag
i've posted somewhere before but i forgot. I had eibachs first then changed to swift.

my main reason for changing is :
1. lower drop
2. more even drop front to rear. eibach seems to look higher in the front
3. higher rate in the rear compared to eibachs which i prefer.
Wouldn’t the Sportlines correct these issues and offer a better ride over Swifts? (I know they probably weren’t out at the time you switched)

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Wouldn’t the Sportlines correct these issues and offer a better ride over Swifts? (I know they probably weren’t out at the time you switched)
yes and no i guess. Better ride comfort i believe so cause rates are not as high.

Yeah it wasn't out when I bought it but Swift has a high rear to front ratio than the eibach and has a lower drop. but after my experience with the pro kit and taking a loss on selling the springs, i didn't want to about to give eibach another try and go with a set that people loved to run on stock CR shocks on a S2000.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I apologize if it's been said somewhere in this thread but has anyone seen lower lap times or any objective data from before/after lowering or is it mostly a cosmetic thing on the CTR? I'm stuck choosing tires for 18x9.5 +45 wheels and it seems like I need to decide if I'll ever lower it because if I do, tires I choose now for stock height will rub. Trying to keep close to stock tire circumference with either 265/40 or 275/35 but I think for either of those, I'll rub without camber kits once lowered .

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
275/35/18x9.5+45 is confirmed rubbing.. know a guy that is dealing with the current rubbing situation right now.. good luck with your choice.. but you get wheels and tires to fit the car.. not modify the car to fit the wheels..

lower center of gravity from what i can gather helps cornering speeds.. also stiffer springs helps with cornering.. its not just about "lowering" the car but more about stiffness

also my good friend went from eibach to swift.. worlds of a difference imo.. swift rides much better than the eibachs.. i went with swifts shortly after
Thanks! With the "confirmed rubbing" bit - is that lowered, or at stock height?

It's not a common size, but 265/40-18 seems like it gets me what I want, but not sure there's really anyone running it, while lowered, to comment. Swift sure seems like a popular choice, they're at the top of my list, if I choose to go the lowered route.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
275/35/18 should be fine on stock height.

MAYBE fine on eibach springs but probably wont be fine on swifts. I wasn't a fan of eibachs. Had them first and switched over to swifts and love them much more than the eibachs.
This is with -2.1 deg rear camber lowered on swift springs on my own car with 265/35/18s RT615K's on a 18x9.5 +45.
I don't have personal experience with 275/35s but looking at my pics, it looks awfully close if i was to have 275s
Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! zR6zwVi

Honda Civic 10th gen FK8 Master Spring Thread! FDi24UA