Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
congrats. good thing there wasn't any other additional dmg.
Me too, with it being a brand new car it killed me that anything broke in the first place, but it's been made whole again so it's all good now.
Congrats! How long did rhdjapan take to ship the springs to you? and was there any surprising/hidden fees? The price on there is the lowest I've seen but I saw online that some people who ordered stuff from there had to pay customs fees in order to have their packages released from Fedex or some other shipping co.
I paid $521.13 with all shipping and fees for them, received them roughly 1.5 weeks after I ordered them. No fees with FedEx or anything on delivery, just my PayPal payment when I ordered.
yeah, wondered that also. I know another site, something like nengun, or something like that...listed a cheap price, then added on shipping, etc. I just went through evasive...got them quickly
lol yeah, you got the last set in the USA though! I'm sure more will arrive here at some point but I was impatient.
Sponsored

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
The car mostly feels the same as the OEM setup, which for this car is exactly what I wanted. I think the car actually feels best now in R+ mode as the extra dampening in the shocks matches the slight increase in spring rate. Sport feels fine, but on some bumps you can start to tell the springs are a tiny bit over-sprung, nothing cheap feeling but you can feel a difference. I never drive in comfort, so I don't know how that feels. I haven't encountered any bump, dip, pot-hole, or any other road hazard that has made the car feel jarring or cheap at all, going over speed bumps feels just like it did before. I haven't had issues with any extra noises or anything that would require silencers (the roads here are decent though, maybe it's just on really bad bumps?), but I'll keep an ear out and order some if any noises pop up.
Basically exactly how I felt. Glad I'm not the only one. Lol

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
i will be dropping my car off next week for my Swift Spring installation

typeroar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
For those that get spoon. I bought two sets of 130mm Tein spring silencers that did the trick to keep from hearing noise on big bumps.

20190323_195352.jpg
Did you just have to take the wheels off to gain enough access to slide those onto the coils?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't had issues with any extra noises or anything that would require silencers (the roads here are decent though, maybe it's just on really bad bumps?), but I'll keep an ear out and order some if any noises pop up.
Yeah, so I would only hear it on seriously big bumps. Most of the time it was unnoticeable, but figured, what the heck and just through the silencers on it.

But you may never hear it. I think it's only a few people noticed that sound. Not sure why. I had thought at first maybe they didn't tighten something up right, like the top nut on the strut or something...but mine was all tight and still heard it.

typeroar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
Yeah, so I would only hear it on seriously big bumps. Most of the time it was unnoticeable, but figured, what the heck and just through the silencers on it.

But you may never hear it. I think it's only a few people noticed that sound. Not sure why. I had thought at first maybe they didn't tighten something up right, like the top nut on the strut or something...but mine was all tight and still heard it.
Yeah, I definitely hear something over speed bumps and train tracks. I'm not sure what it is and I'm not really able to check myself if there is anything loose. If something was loose I'd expect the handling and steering to suffer and to hear the sound ALL the time but who knows. I'm hoping the silencers take care of it or else I'm going to take it back to the shop. Silencers are a cheap, easy solution and if the eibachs and H&R include them they probably should've been included with Spoon in the first place :dunno:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Silencers are a cheap, easy solution and if the eibachs and H&R include them they probably should've been included with Spoon in the first place :dunno:
exactly. That is one disappointment I have with spoon. For 500 it should require additional things like that.

alexlude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - NH0
Country flag
Anyone has had Eibach ProKit and can directly compare pros and cons to spoon springs??

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone has had Eibach ProKit and can directly compare pros and cons to spoon springs??
Here you go. Hope this helps. I think Spoon springs are good for people in areas where the roads are pretty harsh. Prokit wasn't as forgiving as Spoon is.

Prokit
Pros:
1. Not as expensive
2. Feels stiffer (even though spring rate isn't much different)
3. Comes with spring silencers

Cons:
1. Feels way too stiff daily driving (this can depend on your location...if you run into some rough roads, don't recommend these)

Spoon
Pros:
1. Rides like stock
2. No too stiff and handles fine over rough roads

Cons:
1. Not as stiff as ProKit so you won't feel an increase in spring rate compared to factory springs (this is based on me going from prokit to spoon...I could have just forgotten how stock feels...so keep that in mind)
2. Expensive compared to any other spring
3. Requires spring silencers that should come with the springs (this seems to happen to some, but not everyone. I noticed I wouldn't hear that spring clap unless it was a big bump like a speed bump). Silencers are cheap and easy to put in though.