FK8 Master Spring Thread!

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
Yeah, you're right about drop shipping them. I checked another site, nengun...they were selling them for a bit cheaper. But and it showed them shipping from Japan. I went with evasive just because I've bought from them for a long time now.

As for the harsh feel...yes, I do, as well as another owner (Jimmy Bui). It's mainly felt with the factory wheels. It's so bad that when I was on the high way, there was a bump I usually was okay with on factory springs. When I went over it, it felt like the bumps stop was hit or like I said, the springs smash against each other on the top...so bad that it popped the front speaker out (the on in the middle of the dash).
I got mine from Nengun. They did ship from japan and took roughly a week. TBF, half the time I get stuff shipped from Japan through EMS, it gets to me on the east coast quicker than something that shipped from the west coast. Lol
Sponsored

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Just got an email for tracking. Spoon springs will be here in Tuesday! But with my work schedule it'll be next weekend when I install them
Glad yours are coming through, ya jerk! lol

I ended up ordering from RHDJapan.com: https://www.rhdjapan.com/spoon-sports-progressive-spring-set-fk8.html

Paid right at $500 shipped which is actually cheaper than anything I found state-side. I got an email with stock confirmation this morning so they should be shipped out in the next day or so. Now I gotta order wheels, tires and lugs.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

DPL8

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
acuityinstruments.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 3388
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My apologies! crashing was not a good use of wording on behalf of what was going on in the front end!

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I was planning to install these spoon springs the same way spoon did...without removing that bottom bolt with the castle nut that you have to use special tool for...and that barely left any room to remove the strut anyway.

I came across this and this guy did it differently than the other two methods I've seen. He removed that front strut like it was nothing...am I missing anything here, lol.

He took off the caliper and rotor...then bam, it came down low enough and pulled the strut out:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
So I was planning to install these spoon springs the same way spoon did...without removing that bottom bolt with the castle nut that you have to use special tool for...and that barely left any room to remove the strut anyway.

I came across this and this guy did it differently than the other two methods I've seen. He removed that front strut like it was nothing...am I missing anything here, lol.

He took off the caliper and rotor...then bam, it came down low enough and pulled the strut out:
i didnt watch the video but the other method would be to remove the axle nut so that's probably what they did.

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
I haven't been keeping up with civicx but here is my review from fb

Swift Spec R lowering springs 4H917R

There will always be a debate on what lowering springs are the “best.” With all the options out there just ask yourself what are your end goals for your build. Future upgrades such as rims, Tires, etc.

Specs follow:
OEM Front 4.7 kgf/mm
OEM Rear 4.2 kgf/mm

Swift Front 6.3 kgf/mm 1.0 in drop
Swift Rear 7.4 kgf/mm 1.0 in drop

MSRP is set at $419, with a little shopping you can find it cheaper. I chose swift springs due to my past vehicles and other suspension sets ups I’ve had. They come in a mediocre box with no instructions… So buyer beware if you take on this task there is more than enough information on how to install lowering springs just google it or civicx.com will be your best friend. I will add swift doesn’t recommend cutting the bump stocks, cut them anyways ‍♂.

Ride Quality.. subjective to what rim and tire package you have on. Swift being the more aggressive set up on spring rates I was expecting a harsh ride but was delighted to see the CTR rode like stock. Stock rims feel the same if not better on my butt dyno. On 18in 265/35R18 feels like a cloud, on my butt dyno of course!

As these springs are mentioned not to have a break in period for sag aka droop in the springs I have measured the height of my car after installation and 4 months after. Faithfully I can say Swift is correct about their statement.

The Truth...
With ride quality where I wanted it, I have no complaints but the drop is really aggressive so going over bumps I have to do the angle of the dangle hoping not to scrape on speed bumps or curbs with a deep approach angle. On ANY cornering my 265/35 tires do rub both front and rear liners of the CTR. I was hesitant to get 10.5in tires as this is my daily driver, a 255/35 tire will still rub. Another 245/40 tire size will give you that worry free feeling cause it will clear with no issues. OEM rims and tires won't scrape or rub the liners.

There are many people that will be biased against certain manufacturers as I mentioned before to each, their own. Out of 10, I will give these lowering springs 9 out of 10, that 1 point deduction is due to the drop being aggressive. If you run OEM wheels it looks “tucked” per se and Eibach springs aesthetically to me sit perfectly with its 0.8 lowered ride height. Personally, I have ridden with another owner equipped with Eibach springs and I prefer Swift springs based on overall ride quality.

Ramster

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR FK8 / Supra MKV / Tesla M3P / G80 M3C xDrive
Country flag
I haven't been keeping up with civicx but here is my review from fb

Swift Spec R lowering springs 4H917R

There will always be a debate on what lowering springs are the “best.” With all the options out there just ask yourself what are your end goals for your build. Future upgrades such as rims, Tires, etc.

Specs follow:
OEM Front 4.7 kgf/mm
OEM Rear 4.2 kgf/mm

Swift Front 6.3 kgf/mm 1.0 in drop
Swift Rear 7.4 kgf/mm 1.0 in drop

MSRP is set at $419, with a little shopping you can find it cheaper. I chose swift springs due to my past vehicles and other suspension sets ups I’ve had. They come in a mediocre box with no instructions… So buyer beware if you take on this task there is more than enough information on how to install lowering springs just google it or civicx.com will be your best friend. I will add swift doesn’t recommend cutting the bump stocks, cut them anyways ‍♂.

Ride Quality.. subjective to what rim and tire package you have on. Swift being the more aggressive set up on spring rates I was expecting a harsh ride but was delighted to see the CTR rode like stock. Stock rims feel the same if not better on my butt dyno. On 18in 265/35R18 feels like a cloud, on my butt dyno of course!

As these springs are mentioned not to have a break in period for sag aka droop in the springs I have measured the height of my car after installation and 4 months after. Faithfully I can say Swift is correct about their statement.

The Truth...
With ride quality where I wanted it, I have no complaints but the drop is really aggressive so going over bumps I have to do the angle of the dangle hoping not to scrape on speed bumps or curbs with a deep approach angle. On ANY cornering my 265/35 tires do rub both front and rear liners of the CTR. I was hesitant to get 10.5in tires as this is my daily driver, a 255/35 tire will still rub. Another 245/40 tire size will give you that worry free feeling cause it will clear with no issues. OEM rims and tires won't scrape or rub the liners.

There are many people that will be biased against certain manufacturers as I mentioned before to each, their own. Out of 10, I will give these lowering springs 9 out of 10, that 1 point deduction is due to the drop being aggressive. If you run OEM wheels it looks “tucked” per se and Eibach springs aesthetically to me sit perfectly with its 0.8 lowered ride height. Personally, I have ridden with another owner equipped with Eibach springs and I prefer Swift springs based on overall ride quality.
Great review!

Quick question when you're referring to 265/35 and 255/35 are you referring them to 18inch rims? Reason I ask is because I'm also lowered on swifts but I have some new rims coming in (18x9.5 +44) and was planning on going the 255/35/18 tire route to prevent any rubbing but base on your experience you're saying it'll still rub and that I should go 245/40/18? Please clarify, thank you!!

TypeWavey

Free The Wave
First Name
Spike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2016 Aprilia RSV4
Country flag
Read a few pages back and haven't seen this mentioned, but has anyone else gone from Eibach's Prokit to their new Sportline and notice a drastic difference?

Im leaning towards Swifts for appearance, but I feel Sportlines offer better perfomance.
Sponsored