FK8_Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FK8 Type R, Volvo V40 D4 R Design, Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Country flag
swaybars are very subjective. some people like the rear more loose then others so its personal preference.
on my old hatchback i ran a heavy rear spring and a big rear bar for more rotation on a dry track its perfect. but on a wet track it was too loose.
Agreed, I’m wanting to know which rsb is stiffer really, the eibach 25mm or whiteline 22mm
Sponsored

dunphyjp

PiRRRateJack
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘01 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe, 19’ Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
My two cents, the car is already very well setup from the factory. My suggestion is go for chassis stiffening first, this will isolate the suspension more giving you the best feel of what the car naturally wants to do, from there you can decide if you find the car too understeery or if you think it’s too tail happy. Based on that go for the corresponding sway bar (under/front, over/rear) and fiddle with that, see if it puts the cars balance where you want.

Keep in mind modding one bit at a time will give you the most comprehensive idea of what each part does for the daily drive and at the limit feel of the car. You’ll notice a difference when you do lowering springs alone, same with a front sway bar or rear sway bar or both. Most importantly, keep your stock pieces. If you’re every in doubt that something is helping or hurting, put the other bits back to stock to see if its actually making a difference. All mods individually make a comprehensive difference. The lighter your unsprung weight is, the more nimble the car will feel, springs will make a difference in how the car reacts to bumps and load into and out of turns, and the sway bars will change how the front/rear contact throughout a turn.

But of all mods you can do, Driver mods are the best thing to spend your money on. You can get more out of a stock car as a better driver than a nube with 10k mods into his car can any day. Track days and auto cross will be most telling since you’ll have the car at the limits legally. For me personally, i’ve done acuity shifter pieces and accelerator spacer to get the best heel-toe position and most connected shifter feel. That alone has upped my driving game and aside from wheels/tires i haven’t changed anything about my Type R.

dunphyjp

PiRRRateJack
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘01 Impreza 2.5RS Coupe, 19’ Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Agreed, I’m wanting to know which rsb is stiffer really, the eibach 25mm or whiteline 22mm
My suggestion, stick with same manufacturers, most manufacturers make complimentary parts (not that you can’t mix and match, obviously you can). But if you’re doing eibach springs, try the eibach swaybars, if you don’t like them i guarantee someone will buy them off you and you can get another RSB instead.
Sponsored