• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

FK8 Civic Type R Carbon Fiber Rock Flaps

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Do these screw into the plastic wheel well cover or the plastic body panels?

I’m not tapping the metal, learned that from several cars already. First area for rust.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
for those wondering here is honda hardware i used:

6 each, 5x20 tapping screws (part no 90114-SE0-A01) and 2 each, 5 mm spring nuts (part no 90331-SD5-003) for the bottom of the rear bumper.
i opted the for the above tapping screws since they have a floating washer for more surface area to secure the rock flap and less chance of cracking them.

Last edited:

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
How flexible are these? Just seeing if they would work in snowy conditions or will they break. Thanks

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
the are made straight and are able to flex to follow the curve of the fender.
bama dave mentioned to me he hit some tire debris and they were fine. i have had a few encounters with cones at auto-x and no damage as well.

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Thanks now I need to get them for sure!

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
i auto-x MY18 and the loose gravel in the paddock & grid was my main concern (which eventually make its way on course). see my list below:

pros:
blocks loose asphalt and gravel
carbon fiber
flows with body lines
less obtrusive
mounts to existing clips and current fender liner hardware
no drilling of metal only plastic
no wind noise
not rally inspired :D
survives cones

cons:
smaller

Last edited:

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
i emailed guy 2 times still never heard back i sent him my PayPal and never received invoice i don't know if the guy wants to sell any more i really wanted a set !!!!!

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
These carbon rock flaps > Rally armor meat curtains lol @bouford

TheSnotRocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 CTS-V, 2016 ATS-V, 2018 CTR
Country flag
i emailed guy 2 times still never heard back i sent him my PayPal and never received invoice i don't know if the guy wants to sell any more i really wanted a set !!!!!
I bought from him about 2 weeks ago and they came late last week - chat with him on facebook - oldschoolfab.com
Sponsored