Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
I recently installed the injen evolution short ram intake for my SI, but can hear it rattling at start up ad idle. I don’t know if anybody else has this problem, and how you fixed it. Please help I want to get rid of the annoying rattle.
Sponsored

Josey

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ext
Country flag
Sorry not any help but I was thinking of purchasing this intake and I was curious if you can answer a few things
How does it sound ?
Does it help power wise ?
I would really appreciate the help

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Sorry not any help but I was thinking of purchasing this intake and I was curious if you can answer a few things
How does it sound ?
Does it help power wise ?
I would really appreciate the help
SRI are effective until they get heat soaked, then at which point you begin to lose power because the engine is pulling timing due to the fact your IAT temps are high. These engine bays are HOT, it wouldn’t take long for it to get heat soaked. I’d stay away from SRIs if your looking for performance, unless they come with a heat shield, but even then you better off with a CAI, if your looking for intake and turbo noise then it’s the way to go

OP
OP

Xaymaca

First Name
Jermaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
With the Injen you have to get it custom tuned or your fuel trims will be all over the place. The race maf tune is too rich and the standard maf tune is too lean.