daltonh10

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The past couple days I’ve been having issues. The first one is almost like my rpms are fluttering at 4-5k going back and forth on a pull. The other more worrisome problem is every time I press the gas from a stop at more than 10% throttle the car makes a huge jolt and I have stalled out 4 times because of it. Someone told me that I had bad gas because my k con was .89. I’m thinking it could have something to do with the trans. If anyone knows anything about this please help me out. I have a 2018 Hatchback sport t with ktuner and an Injen CAI.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, .89 is quite high if you're just cruising around. If you stomp on it a lot .89 is high but if it drops down after hard driving I wouldn't worry too much. Could be bad gas. What octane do you use?

Definitely post a datalog. Drive for 15-20 minutes and do a couple pulls. That Injen intake could be an issue.

What's your tune setup look like?

OP
OP
daltonh10

daltonh10

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, .89 is quite high if you're just cruising around. If you stomp on it a lot .89 is high but if it drops down after hard driving I wouldn't worry too much. Could be bad gas. What octane do you use?

Definitely post a datalog. Drive for 15-20 minutes and do a couple pulls. That Injen intake could be an issue.

What's your tune setup look like?
I’ve mainly been using the stage 2 base map from ktuner but I’ve gone back to stock after the problem. I’ve always used 91-93 since I got the car. Going to post a data log in a bit. Also note that the .89 was after sitting in park for a around an hour. Once I filled it back up with new gas and treated it with stp it’s down to .49 but I’m still having the issue leading me to think the problem is something else.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve mainly been using the stage 2 base map from ktuner but I’ve gone back to stock after the problem. I’ve always used 91-93 since I got the car. Going to post a data log in a bit. Also note that the .89 was after sitting idle for a around an hour. Once I filled it back up with new gas and treated it with stp it’s down to .49 but I’m still having the issue leading me to think the problem is something else.
Back to stock as in removing the Injen intake or just reverted to the stock tune?

OP
OP
daltonh10

daltonh10

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Back to stock as in removing the Injen intake or just reverted to the stock tune?
Stock tune. I just thought about it too, the flutter I was describing only happened with the tune on but not on stock tune.

OP
OP
daltonh10

daltonh10

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just did a short drive and it seems I’m not having the problem anymore making me think it was the gas.(still at .49 right now)

I’ll upload the log when I get back home
Sponsored