Si (FIXED) New exhaust... new smoke. Normal?

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
TL;DR (or watch I suppose) for anyone that has this issue in the future: TIGHTEN YOUR DOWNPIPE BOLTS! IF YOU BREAK ONE I SUGGEST YOU FIX IT! (That didn't happen to me; my top bolt near the valve cover (with the nut) came loose; I didn't use thread lock so I wonder if I just didn't torque it correctly). With my new tune from TSP, my newly-torqued bolts, and a check of everything else (intake, flex fuel kit, and rest of the exhaust) I not only got zero smoke after a 30-minute high-boost drive, I hit a new PB of 26 PSI! (In Las Vegas, I didn't expect to hit that number). THANKS TO COREY AND DEREK FOR HELPING ME OUT! :D
So torquing the DP fixed the issue or tune change, or both of those things?
Sponsored

OP
OP
whoisJSR

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I'm honestly not sure which fixed it tbh. I could go back and retune it with the base TSP Stage 2 tune, but since nobody else seemed to have that issue, and I found the loose bolt (the smoking has NOT returned btw) I assume the latter.

The next time I hook my laptop up I can take it for a drive with the base tune to see if that brings the issue back, but again, nobody else seemed to get smoke with a downpipe and Stage 2. I suspected an exhaust leak originally and found one, so I still suspect the bolt was the issue.

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man, I just installed my PRL Catless downpipe and I’m having the same problem you’re having, the exhaust is having white smoke come out of it, not crazy but enough to be noticeable, would changing the rpm make this issue go away like yours?

OP
OP
whoisJSR

whoisJSR

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.avgntrials.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Update: I recently switched back to the OEM downpipe and changed to a phearable 2.5 tune with the normal idle for the tune. No smoke. Passed smog ez pz. Turbo seems fine; I've gotten plenty of boost in 110+ degree heat.

D16z6jwill

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Honda Civic ex coupe
Mines doing the same thing. E85 running 7-8 psi. White Smoke. Also burps on idle but running hella lean so ima guess that’s why. I tried smelling doesn’t smell sweet like coolant. Coolant levels are fine everytime I check. Oil is good but leaks from the back jus need new gaskets. Everyone always had two things to say. It’s normal for boosted e85 tunes or it was a head gasket. But white smoke only comes like what u said. Also I have a hood dump.
Sponsored