First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was driving my si for about 10 minutes and wanted to see how high my knock control and misfire counts were and I am not entirely sure if having .57 control and 48 misfires in cylinder 1 is a particularly bad thing or not.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed blown sparkplug but now i'm Idle surging. help 20200213_133222
Sponsored

mauiSI19

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Was driving my si for about 10 minutes and wanted to see how high my knock control and misfire counts were and I am not entirely sure if having .57 control and 48 misfires in cylinder 1 is a particularly bad thing or not.
20200213_133222.jpg
That should have thrown a CEL...it didn’t ?

the car is not running rough ?

OP
OP
TheMarkedOne

TheMarkedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It didn't throw any codes and the car runs albeit a rough idle now. I don't know what's going on but I did see the knock control shoot up to 1 driving to school today. Very concerned with that and how many misfire counts my cylinder 1 is getting.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed blown sparkplug but now i'm Idle surging. help 20200214_090828

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheMarkedOne

TheMarkedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That should have thrown a CEL...it didn’t ?

the car is not running rough ?
It's running a bit rough. In a couple hours I'm going to check the plugs, gap and the ohms of my coils if they are all okay.

OP
OP
TheMarkedOne

TheMarkedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I switched the coils in cylinder 1 and 2 to see if that changed the problem and it did not. So I took out the spark plugs in all the cylinders to compare them and low and behold. My cylinder 1 plug was blown. Afterwards I replaced the sparks with ngk sparks and the immediate misfiring has disappeared or slowed down. But now I have another problem. Every time I start the car cold the idle surges from 1k rpm to 2k rpm for along time until it's warm again then it starts to settle. Also it still misfires but only during idle or low rpms in cylinder 1. I am not entirely sure what is happening any suggestions?

Honda Civic 10th gen Fixed blown sparkplug but now i'm Idle surging. help Snapchat-577807761

Last edited:

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Mark,

I see you're local; hi!

Anyway, if you've killed a spark plug, you're going to want to perform a leakdown test to see if you damaged a valve (while the porcelain made it's exit from the chamber). Also, if you're killing the spark plug, consider having the injectors replaced.

OP
OP
TheMarkedOne

TheMarkedOne

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 86 TRD SE
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mark,

I see you're local; hi!

Anyway, if you've killed a spark plug, you're going to want to perform a leakdown test to see if you damaged a valve (while the porcelain made it's exit from the chamber). Also, if you're killing the spark plug, consider having the injectors replaced.
Where can I perform a leakdown test? Can I come by your shop?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Mark,

Yeah, I can check the car out sometime, if you'd like. Just give the shop a call during business hours.

If the car is under warranty, I would consider returning to stock and having Rahal diagnose, as well.
Sponsored