First Soda Spill = Rear Seat Issue

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
So it came after only 2k miles but I took a turn a little quickly and my brother's 20z Redbull which was in the cup holder came flying out (in the back seat). Redbull everywhere.

I have the cloth seats which seem to have some kind of liquid resistance coating. Which is great, except all the redbull ran off of the seat and into the hole where the seatbelt is. I was able to lift the rear seat and clean as much as I could but for sure the foam underneath absorbed some.

My issue now is that the rear driver side seat cushion (which I lifted to clean) will not sit flush. There doesn't seem to be any kind of bolt on the side or clips to secure it (unless i broke them of course). I'll take a photo later tonight but would love to hear anyone's 2cents about what i can do to fix it.

I'm sure it's just my OCD but it's driving me crazy that the rear seat cushion won't sit flush with the frame on the driver side. And I feel like the seat cushion not sitting flush could contribute to slightly more road noise? Am I just being crazy? lol
Sponsored

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Did your Civic grow wings? Hehe I'll be going now lmao.

Good luck with your issue ^_^

OP
OP

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Lmao. Yea I kinda did leave that wide open. Good one :p

Honestly, I'm thinking about just sticking some 3m double sided tape to keep it flush.

civicxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - White
Country flag
It's been about a month but I recall that there were two clips (one on either side of the rear seat) and one bolt that held the bottom bench of the rear seat in place. Is it possible the right side clip is just unclipped or pulled out?

Honda Civic 10th gen First Soda Spill = Rear Seat Issue Civicseat

reversals

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
I recommend scotchgard for those of you that are afraid of spills. Just the other day someone managed to get a bit of chocolate milk on the back seat. It doesn't work for big spills, but it gives you enough time to wipe if off before it soaks in to the fabric.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I made them eat in at the fast-food joint today. I allowed my wife to bring a bottle of water in because it had one of those squirt caps.

This feels like a support group.
:yes: my wife pulled the "whats the point of buying a new car if you cant enjoy it" line. I get the last laugh as I spend all night in the garage cleaning the car and tinkering with things :thumbsup:

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recommend scotchgard for those of you that are afraid of spills. Just the other day someone managed to get a bit of chocolate milk on the back seat. It doesn't work for big spills, but it gives you enough time to wipe if off before it soaks in to the fabric.
I feel I got ripped off when I bought the car because they had the "protection package" or whatever its called for the seats already on the car that I wanted, so I bit the nail on that one. Its very worthless to me since I work in the aircraft cleaning business.. I can do all that stuff myself

OP
OP

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
It's been about a month but I recall that there were two clips (one on either side of the rear seat) and one bolt that held the bottom bench of the rear seat in place. Is it possible the right side clip is just unclipped or pulled out?

Civicseat .jpg
Thanks for this! It looks like I have all the clips hooked then. Just that side of the seat that doesn't want to sit flush. Going to use some 3M double sided tape and see if that helps alleviate the issue.

Boz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan - Modern Steel Metalic / Black
Country flag
Thanks for this! It looks like I have all the clips hooked then. Just that side of the seat that doesn't want to sit flush. Going to use some 3M double sided tape and see if that helps alleviate the issue.
I would just ask the dealer to fix it.

OP
OP

MrBudha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I would just ask the dealer to fix it.
Yea that would probably be the best solution lol. Just don't have the time to take it in at the moment. Might just wait till my first service comes up and have them take a look at it.
Sponsored