FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
am i the only one who thinks it looks worse than the non-si model?

the rear looks seriously strange with the hatch bumper and center exhaust...it does not fit well with the sedan model
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I also don't see LKA or ACC cameras. Not entirely surprising, just pointing it out.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
am i the only one who thinks it looks worse than the non-si model?

the rear looks seriously strange with the hatch bumper and center exhaust...it does not fit well with the sedan model
I think, like the hatch, it will look better in person. (unless you still don't care for the hatch)

skstyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think, like the hatch, it will look better in person. (unless you still don't care for the hatch)
if i were to rank them based on what ive seen:

type r > si coupe > coupe > hatchback > sedan > si sedan

imo the rear hatchback bumper and center exhaust just do not fit well with the sedan :dunno: but thats just me

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
imo the rear hatchback bumper and center exhaust just do not fit well with the sedan :dunno: but thats just me
Yeah the whole center exhaust thing only seems to work on coupes and hatchbacks.

Honda should have gone with an exposed dual exhaust setup on the sedan...would've looked much better.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
ACC won't work with a manual transmission. No way for the computer to change gears if the car slows down too much.
I know but I can't remember what they have in Europe...it's something similar. CityDrive maybe?

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
I also don't see LKA or ACC cameras. Not entirely surprising, just pointing it out.
nice catch. Seems to confirm what we were all discussing in the other thread - this Si might not come well equipped compared to the market segment. They might be added later, but given how Honda packages their options with manuals (or rather, just doesn't), it looks like we won't get most of Honda's best tech in the Si

I guess if it makes much more power than expected, it might be appealing. But in the real world, consumers are easily amused by bells and whistles tech you can get on cars these days. This is a daily driver oriented car that can do track days - not vice versa - those comfort features matter.

I'm still on the mindset that the fantastic non-Si civic this generation will make the Si less appealing. But we'll see.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
needs moar low. i feel like this whole 10th gen fam should be about .5" lower over the tires

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Finally!! About damn time... :)

Yeah, and also -- a LOT of stuff is taped off there, so it's really hard to properly visualize what the actual car will look like.

But, that's coming soon enough now... :cool:

As for the spoiler -- don't mind that at all, personally; looks tight and clean.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
ACC won't work with a manual transmission. No way for the computer to change gears if the car slows down too much.
A good portion of the sensing package can be seen on the CTR prototype. It's possible Honda could follow VW's lead and simply disengage CC if engine revs drop below a specified RPM threshold.

It's clear to me the Si prototype here gets nothing more than BSI. But we could see a 2nd trim the slots between the Touring and CTR (without infringing on other models in the lineup). If so, it's possible we'd see LEDs, Sensing, partial leather seating, and a few other add-ons.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'll also add that I like what Honda has done to the exterior treatment. It's nothing special but enough to distance itself visually from the non-performance trims. Makes me wonder if the production version of the Si coupe will end up getting a hatch style rear bumper. :dunno:
Sponsored