FIRST SHOTS: 2018 Civic Si Sedan Prototype

Metfanant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2003 Civic LX
Country flag
Not unless you get a used one ;), I'm sure they'll be some in the market within 6 month period.
Well that's a totally different scenario...you might find a bunch of them from colder climates when people realize 300+ go FWD cars are not very good crossover vehicles lol
Sponsored

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
BRING ON THE PARTS BIN!
Have not deeply researched but maybe that LSD - though an aftermarket maybe better and cheaper. Maybe that exhaust, bumper are ugly - hate fake plastic vents - seats - instrument cluster red unless that turns out to be programming thing and not the cluster itself - which I suspect as it is really just a color monitor.
Hoping, like the wrx / sti, we can swap a manifold and gain some good power.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
BRING ON THE PARTS BIN!
Have not deeply researched but maybe that LSD - though an aftermarket maybe better and cheaper. Maybe that exhaust, bumper are ugly - hate fake plastic vents - seats - instrument cluster red unless that turns out to be programming thing and not the cluster itself - which I suspect as it is really just a color monitor.
I'm afraid the manifolds are cast with the heads...

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm afraid the manifolds are cast with the heads...
Really. both intake and exhaust?
that sucks. Had a '03 focus and was shocked when I was installing a fuel rail for nitrous that the intake manifold was PLASTIC. I quickly over tighten the rail and stripped that plastic screw threads. When from a $30 fuel rail to a $300 new manifold.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Really. both intake and exhaust?
that sucks. Had a '03 focus and was shocked when I was installing a fuel rail for nitrous that the intake manifold was PLASTIC. I quickly over tighten the rail and stripped that plastic screw threads. When from a $30 fuel rail to a $300 new manifold.
Ah. no I think just the exhaust side. The intake side is composite (plastic) material as I recall.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jk147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Well that's a totally different scenario...you might find a bunch of them from colder climates when people realize 300+ go FWD cars are not very good crossover vehicles lol
It will probably sell close to MSRP even used. I remember the price gouging with Integra Type-R's longer after the production run.

I am hoping somehow this will affect the S2000 prices so it will finally start to come down after this crazy hike in the past 4 years.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
ACC won't work with a manual transmission. No way for the computer to change gears if the car slows down too much.
Our '12 Si Cruise Control & Resume function works just fine at/above its 25 mph engagement speed in any gear - there's no reason ACC couldn't do the same, if programmed correctly to disengage if "lugging" becomes an issue. Just takes a little imagination to program it.

Also - there's no indication (spec or photos) that the NA CTR will have ACC or LKAS.

Last edited:

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That should work on our favor since we live in the east coast lol.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
BRING ON THE PARTS BIN!
YUP. just waiting on that LSD, im hoping its gonna be a direct swap. maybe.
Sponsored