First Road Trip with Type R

SICivicTypeR

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
I just completed a 1600 mile round trip drive with my Type R. It has about 3600 miles now and I have this to report. If you ride at about 75 mph in comfort mode you can achieve 32.5 mpg. At 65 it was 33.4mpg. Also I drove on dry roads between 35-65 degrees Fahrenheit and had no grip issues with the stock tires at speeds up to 80mph on the interstate. The ride is extremely smooth and beyond the stares, thumbs up and questions it’s definately great on the highway. The oil percentage is around 30% now with the 3600 total miles.

Also forgot to mention I had two car seats in the back and a full hatch of bags.
Sponsored

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I just completed a 1600 mile round trip drive with my Type R. It has about 3600 miles now and I have this to report. If you ride at about 75 mph in comfort mode you can achieve 32.5 mpg. At 65 it was 33.4mpg. Also I drove on dry roads between 35-65 degrees Fahrenheit and had no grip issues with the stock tires at speeds up to 80mph on the interstate. The ride is extremely smooth and beyond the stares, thumbs up and questions it’s definately great on the highway. The oil percentage is around 30% now with the 3600 total miles.

Also forgot to mention I had two car seats in the back and a full hatch of bags.
Dig it!
I still haven't had mine any further than Philly or Baltimore.
Ok I realize that has no context.... I haven't had the car further than about 75miles one way. Unfortunately, I just haven't had any need to go further just yet. Looking forward to it! Not sure I can convince my wife to load up with our 2 kids and go anywhere further than 40 miles away...but we'll see.

Did you do anything to protect the paint on the front end?

OP
OP
SICivicTypeR

SICivicTypeR

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Dig it!
I still haven't had mine any further than Philly or Baltimore.
Ok I realize that has no context.... I haven't had the car further than about 75miles one way. Unfortunately, I just haven't had any need to go further just yet. Looking forward to it! Not sure I can convince my wife to load up with our 2 kids and go anywhere further than 40 miles away...but we'll see.

Did you do anything to protect the paint on the front end?
I did not. I have a few nicks from rocks because my wife and I wanted the car to drive and enjoy rather than worry about. At this point I don’t intend to ever sell the car. Also, I live near a highway that sees higher speeds on a daily basis so rock scratches can happen close to home.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did not. I have a few nicks from rocks because my wife and I wanted the car to drive and enjoy rather than worry about. At this point I don’t intend to ever sell the car. Also, I live near a highway that sees higher speeds on a daily basis so rock scratches can happen close to home.
I got a few chips from my first 700 mile round trip. Sucked, but I'm in the same boat as you. The touch up paint is cheap and easy to apply and buff. Hondas are meant to be driven!
Sponsored