jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan Lunar Silver
Country flag
Car just rolled over 1000 miles and I get a warning on the dash. It's for the ASD suspension problem. Dropped it at the dealer and the plugged a computer up. It's either the wires going into the plug that goes to the suspension ECU, the plug itself, or the ECU itself.

I know that things happen...but my last 3 vehicles have all been new RAM trucks and I never had a problem like this. Kinda disappointed that Honda would have issues so soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jrogers329

jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I know that. It’s just sucks that it happened so soon. I finally was able to get the windows tinted today, and got my tag...and the warning light came on before I could even put the tag on the car!

Should be fixed no later than Friday...depends if they have to order the ECU

TonyG-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks and definitely sounds like an isolated issue. Every now and then something slips by, I am just glad that are taking care of it so quickly. did they give you a loaner for the meantime?

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Car just rolled over 1000 miles and I get a warning on the dash. It's fir the ASD suspension problem. Dropped it at the dealer and the plugged a computer up. It's either the wires going into the plug that goes to the suspension ECU, the plug itself, or the ECU itself.

I know that things happen...but my last 3 vehicles have all been new RAM trucks and I never had a problem like this. Kinda disappointed that Honda would have issues so soon.
That's not common at all you just have bad luck. I really haven't heard of any problems with the adaptive suspension.

Probably something
stupid like a plug that wasn't attached properly

andu951

First Name
aNDu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate to see it, but hang in there man. I'm sure that'll be covered with your dealership. :beer:

OP
OP
jrogers329

jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah...dealership is getting to it as quick as they can. And I know it's not a common occurrence, just bad luck. Timing just sucked. At least they gave me a loaner though. Got a nice black mom-car CRV to drive. Might as well be a minivan after the Si

OP
OP
jrogers329

jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just got a call from the dealership. They have to replace the computer AND the floor wiring harness. So they have to remove the seats and carpet to get to the wiring harness. Gotta keep it a week. To say I'm not happy about it would be an understatement.

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Man sucks to hear. You said ASD, I'm assuming that's a typo and you meant LSD. Something similar happened to me. Ive had my Si for over a year now but within the first week of having her the LSD warning light went off after I picked her up from the dealership after getting the windows tinted, I turned back around and showed it to them but they had no clue what to do. They tried to reset the warning light to no avail, they check the suspension and everything seemed normal so they told me to either leave the car behind or bring it back the next day as they were closing in 5 mins. I decided to hold onto it, and started heading home, half way home the warning light went away by itself and hasn't come back since. I can relate to that feeling of having a brand new car and having your heart broken almost immediately. Stay strong.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man sucks to hear. You said ASD, I'm assuming that's a typo and you meant LSD. Something similar happened to me. Ive had my Si for over a year now but within the first week of having her the LSD warning light went off after I picked her up from the dealership after getting the windows tinted, I turned back around and showed it to them but they had no clue what to do. They tried to reset the warning light to no avail, they check the suspension and everything seemed normal so they told me to either leave the car behind or bring it back the next day as they were closing in 5 mins. I decided to hold onto it, and started heading home, half way home the warning light went away by itself and hasn't come back since. I can relate to that feeling of having a brand new car and having your heart broken almost immediately. Stay strong.
Doesn't ASD stand for Adaptive Suspension Dampers?

xbbnx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
Country flag
Doesn't ASD stand for Adaptive Suspension Dampers?
You're right. I got it mixed up, actually the warning light that came up was for my adaptive suspension not my LSD.

Last edited:

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
Car just rolled over 1000 miles and I get a warning on the dash. It's fir the ASD suspension problem. Dropped it at the dealer and the plugged a computer up. It's either the wires going into the plug that goes to the suspension ECU, the plug itself, or the ECU itself.

Plant problems. This doesn't plague the Hatches, btw. Talk'n about gremlins in general now.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Just got a call from the dealership. They have to replace the computer AND the floor wiring harness. So they have to remove the seats and carpet to get to the wiring harness. Gotta keep it a week. To say I'm not happy about it would be an understatement.
I'm sorry this happened to you, but remember that nothing is perfect. Honda is one of the top car manufacturers in the world but even then they aren't immune. The silver lining is that it happened early, and it's all being taken care of under warranty.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
yea man that sucks but shit happens. just let your stealership take care of that, give it a few days, and youre golden.

OP
OP
jrogers329

jrogers329

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry this happened to you, but remember that nothing is perfect. Honda is one of the top car manufacturers in the world but even then they aren't immune. The silver lining is that it happened early, and it's all being taken care of under warranty.
True....but it also makes me glad I bought the extended warranty. Something I never thought I'd say about Honda. We had a 2001 Accord, that we had until 2014, and that car gave us zero problems. So this kinda surprised me.

One good thing...the service writer told me that he's 90% sure that the suspension ECU is under the back seats...so they don't have to get into the dash.

The service writer also told me that he really understood how I felt about the new car being in the shop. Said he and a 2018 Jeep Wrangler that had been in the shop for the last 11 days. It had an electrical problem in the transmission and the dealership had to rebuild the transmission to fix the problem. That pales in comparison to just having the interior removed to replace a wiring harness.
Sponsored

Last edited: