1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator
    Staff Member

CivicX Admin
    First Name:
    Admin
    Car(s):
    Honda
    While the "new" Civic Type R is being built on the 9th generation platform, it's still interesting to note that production has just begun on it.

type-r-1.jpg type-r-2.jpg type-r-4.jpgtype-r-3.jpg

2. TenGen

TenGen Senior Member

Car(s):
    2009 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6 Speed
    Love that blue one! So if this isn't the 10th gen Type R that means it'll only be in production for 1-2 years?

3. Ji Librando

Ji Librando Member

Car(s):
    94 Oldsmobile Achieva
    Wow those are some sexy cars!!! Cant wait till it hits america. :O

4. EmperorHondus

EmperorHondus Member

Car(s):
    2007 Honda Accord, 2002 Mazda Protege
    It would be nice to get one shred of official news from Honda. The new Civic sedan is supposed to be released in the fall, which isn't that far way. Anything, a photo that isn't someone's imaginary rendering. Some specs that weren't made up by some creative enthusiast. Sheesh, I'm dying on the vine here.

randY49 thanked this.
  5. CaptK

CaptK Senior Member

Car(s):
    Subaru XV Crosstek
    Yea seems they could have capitalized even more on the buzz that followed the concept coupe's debut at the NY show in April.

On second though maybe they've been playing the marketing game all along tho with all these prototypes that keep getting caught by spy photographers.

6. RobbJK88

RobbJK88 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
    Next big news we will get will probably be the auto show in September... and it'll probably be the full engine specs, official production version cars, interior, standard features etc. Hoping we'll get more on the interior before then, but it is only another month and a half away... so probably not.

7. dirtybird222

dirtybird222 Member

Car(s):
    2015 STI, 1994 Accord Chumpcar
    Negative this plant will only be building the 5-door which still has it's underpinnings from the 9th gen. They will be producing all 5-doors for planet Earth. 2 and 4 doors will be built relative to their respective markets on the brand new chassis.

If you haven't noticed Honda released the new HR-V and the next generation Pilot under the radar. The HR-V configurator wasn't even online when they started hitting dealerships, same goes for the Pilot. Not sure what Honda's strategy is with this but it's confusing. They did this with the 2nd gen US Fit, I was working for Honda at the time, sitting at a dealership at 9pm and a hauler shows up with 7 brand new Fits and none of us were expecting them for at least a few more weeks.

It would be nice to know the details on the next gen Si. I'm probably going to sell my STI because I need something a bit more practical on my daily commute. I'd simply like to know so I can go snag a 9th gen while they are still new and able to order.

Arjun thanked this.
  8. randY49

randY49 Senior Member

Car(s):
    1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
    Do you have a source for this? It was my understanding that the U.S. won't get this "9th gen" 5-door, but one built on the 10th gen chassis (from the same plant).

9. hothatchi

hothatchi Senior Member

Car(s):
    Golf Mark5
    That's what I thought too. I'm surprised no one at Honda has clarified this yet.