ABaldWookie

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello! I've owned my 17 Hatchback Sport Touring for a year and a half now and haven't done anything to it except change the badges. Now that I'm graduating college, im looking to add some mods to it. Any ideas on what should go on first? I'm currently looking at 3 things.
Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Greddy Sp exhaust, Hondata/Ktuner.
I was also looking at 27WON's CAI, but I live in California and it isn't CARB compliant.
Any suggestions?
Sponsored

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner is THE #1 mod you can do to your car to get the most bang for your buck at $449 for the v1.2. The only intake that is really going to make a difference is the PRL Cobra and no its not CARB but the only intake I believe is CARB is actually the worst intake you can buy for your car. It throws fuel trims and fueling off to the point some people got check engines lights.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Tune, tires, bigger rear sway.

Exhaust and intake will improve the sound but not much power gain. The tune and some suspension work is the best place to start.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There are definite gains from the Cobra. The three mods I listed totally transform the way your car will drive and offer the biggest bang for the buck.

1. ECU tune - biggest power boost
2. Better tires - better grip for the higher power output of a tune
3, Bigger rear sway bar - flatter, faster cornering

If you're on a budget, this is my go to upgraded performance setup.

Last edited:

r.camlin

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
100% agree with @gtman

KTuner or Hondata is the #1 most effective modification you will ever do to your car. Everything else I consider a supporting mod, aside from things that directly affect handling, like a sway bar, tires and wheels, coilovers or springs, motor mounts, strut bar, etc...

Also, if complying with California regulations is a concern of yours you might as well trade your car in for a bicycle. And even that might not be CARB compliant lol.

Last edited:

HellaBagged

HellaBagged
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
100% agree with @gtman

KTuner or Hondata is the #1 most effective modification you will ever do to your car. Everything else I consider a supporting mod, aside from things that directly affect handling, like a sway bar, tires and wheels, coilovers or springs, motor mounts, strut bar, etc...

Also, if complying with California regulations is a concern of yours you might as well trade your car in for a bicycle. And even that might not be CARB compliant lol.
That last part had me dying lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase