rimini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Type S 2012
Hi, you got the info on this pictures wrong. Its the Type R US model which is being tested, and not the Civic for Europe. You might want to clarify that. The model being tested is with same body as the Civic 2016 just revealed in US. We might see it on the Asian market too, but definately not in Europe.
Sponsored

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
Hi, you got the info on this pictures wrong. Its the Type R US model which is being tested, and not the Civic for Europe. You might want to clarify that. The model being tested is with same body as the Civic 2016 just revealed in US. We might see it on the Asian market too, but definately not in Europe.
This is the 10th generation Civic hatchback which is due out in 2017 and will be made at Honda's UK plant. As far as I know I haven't read that there will be two different hatchback styles when it starts production in 2017.

rimini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Type S 2012
You are wrong mate, dont know where you got that info.

This is the US body. Honda used billion on the new Euro Type R (which is presented just now), and that will not be replaced just after 2 yrs.

The body us from the US model, and this is the US prototype Type R, not the Euro version.

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
You are wrong mate, dont know where you got that info.

This is the US body. Honda used billion on the new Euro Type R (which is presented just now), and that will not be replaced just after 2 yrs.

The body us from the US model, and this is the US prototype Type R, not the Euro version.
This is a recent Honda press release about the new five door (hatchback) Civic being launched in 2017 and produced in the UK.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/new-honda-civic-to-launch-in-europe-in-early-2017.194/#post-2318

You're saying that in 2 years when the new hatchback begins production that Honda will keep making the Type R for Europe using the current (old) body/platform while it simultaneously makes a different Type R for the US market using the new body/platform? That doesn't make sense.

rimini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Type S 2012
Mate, the body is the US body just presented 14 days ago in US, the one tested in Germany right now is for the US market. Youre mixing things up.

US and EU have not been same body in Europe since 2002, and there is not plan that it will be so even after 2017.

I know from Honda UK might produce a new 5 door hatchback, but the Type R, will of course not be replaced just 1 1/2 - 2 years after its launched here in Europe. They have just used a lot of ressources to produce it, and it have not been cheap, so it would never make any sense at all.

The one you see on the pics is the US Type R, which shares the same body as the US Civic, which have just been released, and which you find here - now pls compare the photos and body....
http://automobiles.honda.com/10th-gen-civic/

rimini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Type S 2012
Its not a replacement is my info. This is the prospected US Type R and thats it.... Type R EU which is released just now in Europe, will not be replaced after 1 1/2-2 yrs. Info in this forum is wrong, sorry guys.

BakedTuna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Civic Si EP3
I believe much of this info from you and others still is somewhat speculative. I am waiting until Honda themselves give us the info to pass any judgement. Sorry rimini.

rimini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Type S 2012
Its ok, but until then, lets just face the fact that it should make no sense for this to replace the Euro Type R, which is introduced as we speak in Europe, this month (october), november and december 2015. If ordering the car now, you will by the way have to wait until march 2016 for Denmark and other European areas.

What is written originally in this post is exacly just speculative. Lets wait with the facts before Honda announce it.

What I have been told by Honda UK, is that this is the prospective Type R US version, and thats it.

Tegster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Integra (Tafetta White)
Its not a replacement is my info. This is the prospected US Type R and thats it.... Type R EU which is released just now in Europe, will not be replaced after 1 1/2-2 yrs. Info in this forum is wrong, sorry guys.
Yea it doesn't make a lot of sense to replace the current CTR after just 1.5-2 years but it makes even less sense that they'll produce two different Type R models for separate markets, especially when one of them will be based on an older platform.

And keep in mind that the hatchbacks are all built at the same plant in UK. Don't think they could even build two separate generations at the same time on the same assembly line if they wanted to.

rimini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord Type S 2012
We have seen that before with the FD2 and FN2 Type R's at the same time, so yes it have been done before. A Type R have been expected for quite some time in US, so I believe this is how things are... The developement costs of the 2015-2016 Euro CTR have been HUGE btw, just telling you.

Anyways, lets see what happens :)

s2ker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000
Here's a render but matching its not very accurate when compared to the spy pics.

Looks like he took the 2016 Sedan and added parts from the current Type R

Honda Civic 10th gen First look at 2017 Civic Type R Hatchback Prototype! Spy pics Honda Civic Type R Sedan2

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
We have seen that before with the FD2 and FN2 Type R's at the same time, so yes it have been done before. A Type R have been expected for quite some time in US, so I believe this is how things are... The developement costs of the 2015-2016 Euro CTR have been HUGE btw, just telling you.

Anyways, lets see what happens :)
Although I agree 100% that it makes no sense to change the Euro R after only 2 years, that's exactly what's happening. It's called a GLOBAL platform, the key word is GLOBAL! This was stated by John Mendel NA Honda VP.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Here's a render but matching its not very accurate when compared to the spy pics.

Looks like he took the 2016 Sedan and added parts from the current Type R

Honda Civic Type R Sedan2.jpg
Looks great, but someone needs to add the fender vents that can be seen through the camo...

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Its ok, but until then, lets just face the fact that it should make no sense for this to replace the Euro Type R, which is introduced as we speak in Europe, this month (october), november and december 2015. If ordering the car now, you will by the way have to wait until march 2016 for Denmark and other European areas.

What is written originally in this post is exacly just speculative. Lets wait with the facts before Honda announce it.

What I have been told by Honda UK, is that this is the prospective Type R US version, and thats it.
This is why it makes sense....cost savings...always about the bottom dollar. Keep in mind that much of what went into designing R&D will in fact go into the new Type R. Drivetrain, suspension aside from the rear of course etc.
http://europe.autonews.com/article/20150423/ANE/150429962/honda-will-cut-european-civic-production-costs-with-global-platform
Sponsored

Last edited: