First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
Hey all,

I picked up my first Honda last week - a Crystal Black Pearl 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX!

Black wasn't my first option as I know how difficult they can be to keep clean; and they show every imperfection. Alas, this is the one I fell for. And, knowing how susceptible the paint is, I decided to give it a good once over to keep it looking good for a while to come.

I decided to do a little write up to document how I went about the first (and most important) detail day.

Products/Procedure:
Washing:
1) Power wash rinse to remove any dirt and debris
2) Chemical Guys Citrus Wash Clear - use foam gun and let it sit for 10 minutes and drip off
3) Secondary rinse
4) Chemical Guys Snow Foam - heavy coating, let drip for another 10 minutes
5) Third rinse - get all the nooks and crannies
6) Let the car dry and blow out any seams with compressed air - wipe down door jambs

Detailing:
1) NanoSkin AutoScrub with LOTS of Quick Detailer as lubricant (I used Meguires) in place of clay bar
2) Meguires Ultimate Compound - used a Chemical Guys Hex White pad and a Porter Cable DA, multiple passes on the hood and roof to get rid of any hairline scratches and light swirls (manually applied on tight edges on the bumper & trunk)
3) AutoGlym Ultra Deep Shine - used this on all doors and "vertical" surfaces, then over the hood and roof afterwards for a deep shine using the same type of pad with a DA
4) Chemical Guys Jet Seal - this stuff is bloody awesome. 2 heavy coats of this stuff on all painted and non-rubber trim and its smooooth as silk. I applied by hand in a cross-hatch and let sit for about 20 minutes between buffing and reapplying
5) Petes 53 - waxed all surfaces and the door jambs, went on like butter on a warm piece of toast. Super easy to apply, especially after the Jet Seal
6) Chemical Guys VRP - hit all the plastic and rubber exterior trim with this stuff, as well as the engine bay. Diluted the product 1 part VRP to 5 parts water in a spray bottle and hit it all then blew it out with compressed air
7) Chemical Guys Silk Shine - dressed all the interior vinyl and plastics with this. Leaves a satin finish and doesn't feel greasy at all to the touch. Used a microfiber sponge to apply

I'm waiting on some more products for the interior before I can consider this car "done" however this will keep the elements at bay. :)

Picture for finished product:
https://imgur.com/a/jHGecPl

Honda Civic 10th gen First Detail of my 2019 Civic Hatchback {filename}
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
FTFY. Looks good, btw!

Honda Civic 10th gen First Detail of my 2019 Civic Hatchback FZxmXfT

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used CG Jet Seal last year and loved it. Did you get the Jet Seal and Pete's 53 combo on amazon.ca for like $40 with the 3 thick microfiber cloths? That combo is a steal!

Is it recommended to dilute the VRP? I'm using the same but I don't dilute it.

OP
OP

Wh1SL3R

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
Is it recommended to dilute the VRP? I'm using the same but I don't dilute it.
I only used a diluted mixture in the engine bay since it isn't exposed to UV and it made it easier to blow out with compressed air. I used full strength on all exterior trims.
Sponsored