First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0 TURBO 130Hp Exclusive Navi 6MT Sonic Grey
Country flag
A hello from Europe...

Hi guys ! :) I've been reading your posts for a long time...and I think that I might be the only one here from France...The fact is, people don't really like the Civic here...everyone drive those german brands and every car on the street sadly looks too much alik...

Anyway, first of all, sorry for my bad english...i don't want to importunate you , i don't know if a frenchy guy like me is going to be accepted here, but you guys got to know, that a place like this is priceless ! You don't even know how lucky you are to be able to share such a great passion with such a big family ! :)

So....i'm talking, i'm talking....but let me introduce myself :
As said, French guy, living near the Swiss border (got the double nationality ;)), 25yo, and...this is my very first Honda ever. I drove a Hyundai i20 for 4 years and since the new Civic came out here in Europe....i wanted to buy one...this car looks incredible....so amazing that i've just ordered mine last Saturday ! :D

My CIVIC X Configuration :

State: FRANCE
Trim: EX-L NAVI
Tranny: MANUAL (yeah, in Europe we have EX-L Navi in Manual too)
Color: SONIC GREY PEARL (the best)
Options : Moonroof visor, chrome weel locks, heated seats, full led lights, tinted glass, automatic lights and screen-wipers, 450w audio system. (all of those options are in Europe included in the EX-L Navi Civic. In fact, the EX-L Navi here is the same version as the Sport+, but without the "visual sport pack")
Price: $34,634 (€29,790)
Destination Charge: $220 (Already included in the price)
Dealer (Doc) Fee: $250 (Already included in the price)
Title/Tags: $90.50 (Already included in the price)

Final Sales Price after discounts: $22,087 ( €19,000)
(Got a special discount, because the dealer bought my Hyundai)

The car should be delivred on 2018.10.01...it's gonna be long.... but that's the price to pay when we really want something i guess...:)

If you guys have any questions, you're welcome !

Thanks in advance for your reading, and your nice welcome ! :)

Helveticus
Sponsored

Last edited:

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good choice but very long delivery time! Is it a 4 or 5 door?

OP
OP
Helveticus

Helveticus

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

It's a 5 door version, the hatchback one.

And yeah...the delivery is very long here in France...there's no cars in stock anymore over here....everyone buys white low-budget cars, so as soon as you need something different than a white-low-budget car, you need to wait...The EX-L Navi delivery time was 3 months in white, and 4 months in sonic grey....

OP
OP
Helveticus

Helveticus

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hello Guys,

She's finally here...The delivery was supposed to take place at the beginning of October, yet it was three weeks ago that the Honda seller called me to tell me the good news! I picked up the car on August 30th, and it's a pure joy! So happy with my purchase, it is a real pleasure to drive it! :love::love::love::love::love:

Honda Civic 10th gen First Civic order for a french guy 20180831_081323_edited

Honda Civic 10th gen First Civic order for a french guy 20180907_183113

Honda Civic 10th gen First Civic order for a french guy 20180908_174405_edited

Honda Civic 10th gen First Civic order for a french guy 41390527_2114347168584247_4888721914509393920_o

OP
OP
Helveticus

Helveticus

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks my friend ! :)

OP
OP
Helveticus

Helveticus

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks !! :thumbsup: Nope, nothing planned, except maybe a solution for my sunglasses...

lurker_j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks !! :thumbsup: Nope, nothing planned, except maybe a solution for my sunglasses...
I agree, I have no idea where to put my sunglasses either. Sometimes I just hang them off the passenger sunshade, but they fly off when I turn too hard.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
I keep my sunglasses in the under shelf. My phones charge cord plugs in there and then runs up to the upper shelf. Anyway, I "wedge" my sunglasses under the cord, and it keeps them from flying off the shelf when I'm driving flamboyantly at night.

OP
OP
Helveticus

Helveticus

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thx, i've already seen those little box, but my glasses are too big to get inside those little box :(

Welcome, nice car!

That's the 1.0, right?

Must be a blast on those mountain roads :)
Yeah, it's the 1.0 and it's a real beast ! I have high mountain peaks not far from home, but I must admit that I haven't dared to go yet, otherwise, I think I'll spend my life there! :D

I keep my sunglasses in the under shelf. My phones charge cord plugs in there and then runs up to the upper shelf. Anyway, I "wedge" my sunglasses under the cord, and it keeps them from flying off the shelf when I'm driving flamboyantly at night.
That's how i manage my sunglasses for the moment, but...i don't know...not ok with that :(
Sponsored