First car accident

Bs8453

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
So I may have just had the worst Monday. I was on my way to the store when a woman pulled out in front of me. She was turning right from an alley that was hidden by parked vehicles on the street. Slammed on the brakes, but it was too late. My airbag deployed and it looked like radiator fluid was leaking. I was able to move it off the street, but they towed it away. Neither of us were injured. She was cited since it was her fault. I filed an insurance claim but with the holiday I'm sure it's going to take a while for them to get back with me. Any guesses as to how much in damages and any helpful/suggestive info would be appreciated.

Honda Civic 10th gen First car accident 20171120_150456
Sponsored

Last edited:

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Sorry this happened to you. At the very least you were not harmed.

How fast were you going when you hit her?

The whole front end will need to be replaced. Even the hood might need to be replaced. We're looking at a couple thousand at least, but they'll need to take everything off to see the damage behind the bumper. You're probably going to lose the car for more than half a month to fix this, so I hope you get a rental.

When only one side of the car is hit everything is pushed out of whack on the other side of the car since it's not symmetrical anymore. Maybe you'll be lucky and insurance will total the car, so you can get a new one, but I doubt it. I just never really feel safe in a car that's been in an accident other than a 1-4 KPH fender bender.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Several thousand dollars at least I’m sure. Glad you are alright though.

OP
OP
Bs8453

Bs8453

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I was in town but wasn't sure of the exact speed. The speed limit had just changed from 25 to 35 mph. Im sure I was at least at 35 before slamming my brakes. Luckily I have a second vehicle so opted out of a rental car. It seems like a long drawn out process ahead though.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Pricey accident for sure. Whole front end, hood, airbag etc. Highly doubt it will be totaled but if it was me I'd be trading after it's fixed. Pls keep us updated and sorry that happened to you.

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
Headlight, hood, grill, pump and I am sure they is damage to the cooling system at least.

Hope everything works out smooth and go get check out if you feel any weird soreness/pain.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
"couple thousand" lol

Geico shelled out just under $2000 just to replace and paint the bumper cover and grille on my car, no structural damage at all.

250GTCalifornia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
"couple thousand" lol

Geico shelled out just under $2000 just to replace and paint the bumper cover and grille on my car, no structural damage at all.
just the bumper cover and grille? Did your car look like his?

You can definitely fix your civic with non-OEM parts at a sketchy shop for cheap.

--edit--

You know what?

I read your comment wrong. I thought you were implying it was too much. I doubt the cost of the repair would be more than the price of the car.

djasonw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Toyota iM
Country flag
I am guessing that the repair will be north of $3,500. Please keep us posted.

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
I thought you were implying it was too much. I doubt the cost of the repair would be more than the price of the car.
No, mine was a 2mph parking lot incident. All the grille clips broke so the whole bumper had to be replaced.

Looking at OP's car , I see about $2000 just in parts.

OP
OP
Bs8453

Bs8453

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still waiting for them to finish up the repairs. Should be a few more days. Originally the guy quoted around $8500 in damages but he wasn't completely finished. I will update once I get her back.

SangreRaven

First Name
Raven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$8500+ makes sense, my 17 hatch was hit on the drivers side headlight right after I got it.. It needed a new bumper, headlight, fender, fender liner and the various mounts, clips and pins ect replaced. There was also paint which added up. The final total at the end of the day was about $2600 that the other person insurance had to pay. That did not include the rental car either or the long wait for back ordered parts. If possible you might want to push for compensation for value lost since a damaged and repair car is never worth what a non damage and repaired car is.

-R

OP
OP
Bs8453

Bs8453

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
$8500+ makes sense, my 17 hatch was hit on the drivers side headlight right after I got it.. It needed a new bumper, headlight, fender, fender liner and the various mounts, clips and pins ect replaced. There was also paint which added up. The final total at the end of the day was about $2600 that the other person insurance had to pay. That did not include the rental car either or the long wait for back ordered parts. If possible you might want to push for compensation for value lost since a damaged and repair car is never worth what a non damage and repaired car is.

-R
Unfortunately the other driver didn't have insurance so i had to make a claim under my insurance, which apparently does repairs with the minimum costs. I don't believe there would be a way for me to push for compensation for value lost since she didn't have insurance?

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately the other driver didn't have insurance so i had to make a claim under my insurance, which apparently does repairs with the minimum costs. I don't believe there would be a way for me to push for compensation for value lost since she didn't have insurance?
Can you sue? Or have your insurance do so on your behalf? Just throwing ideas out here. IANAL.
Sponsored