First 2000kms thoughts

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I have had my Si HFP for almost a month. I’ve put 2000kms on it. Here’s some feedback.

Love the car firstly. It’s a fun car to drive feels faster than you’re actually going. Seats are very comfortable. Tires are good but I haven’t really pushed it. Sport mode is awesome but any little bump and you feel it. This car is amazing on curvy roads between gears 2-4 it’s a lot of fun.

I like the built in Navi that pops up with directions in the gauge cluster. Lack of volume knob doesn’t bother me, steering wheel control is my preference so I don’t have to look away.

Things that could be improved upon.
There is no sunglasses holder. The visors don’t have vanity lights. The head unit crashed and rebooted itself. It was weird but happened only once.

I can’t figure out how to prevent the e brake from activating when I park. I pull into my driveway, keep the clutch pressed in and foot on the brake. Turn the car off release the clutch and depress the brake. Then the e brake activates. The work around is if I take off my seatbelt and and park leaving the car in gear the e brake doesn’t activate. Any advice e on how I can park without the e brake?

My 1st to 2nd shifts could be smoother. Not very smooth, not sure if each gear has a different bite point but my 2nd to 3rd and other upshifts are are butter smooth. Downshifting 3rd to 2nd I need to get my throttle blip better because the car jerks a bit.

The next things I plan on are door sill plates with led and the interior ambiance lights in red. I have an extended warranty so as much as I would like a k tuner if it voids the warranty I won’t get it.
Sponsored

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I know sometimes the ebrake would turn on by itself but after 10 months of ownership, I still have no idea how. I had a few close calls that I though the ebrake was turned on but it did not.

I would not mind the ebrake to be turned on every time I turned off the car.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
I know sometimes the ebrake would turn on by itself but after 10 months of ownership, I still have no idea how. I had a few close calls that I though the ebrake was turned on but it did not.

I would not mind the ebrake to be turned on every time I turned off the car.
From my 5 months of owning the Si, the ebrake only automatically activates when I switch off the car while my brake hold is on active standby

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
From my 5 months of owning the Si, the ebrake only automatically activates when I switch off the car while my brake hold is on active standby
I know that this has something to do with releasing the seatbelt.

OP
OP
healtoe

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why don't you want your park brake on? The only time mine comes on automatically is when the brake hold feature is on.
y
Why don't you want your park brake on? The only time mine comes on automatically is when the brake hold feature is on.
My driveway is flat, I figure I can leave the car in gear and not use the e brake and just use when I’m parked on hills.

I’ll turn off the brake hold and try. Thanks!

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
If I remember correctly the E-Brake will come on when you have your car with Brake Hold on, Brake Hold must be active, and you take your seatbelt off. I remember once I was the first person at a light trying to get something and took my seatbelt off. The light turned green and I tried gunning it...my car was yelling at me that the parking break was on. Whoops

Last edited:

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
E brake will engage automatically when brake hold is active and when either unbuckling seat belt or switching off car

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
If I remember correctly the E-Brake will come on when you have your car with Break Hold on, Break Hold must be active, and you take your seatbelt off. I remember once I was the first person at a light trying to get something and took my seatbelt off. The light turned green and I tried gunning it...my car was yelling at me that the parking break was on. Whoops
I can just imagine how you looked too. Did it physically beep at you or just rev 4K and start whining?

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
So I have had my Si HFP for almost a month. I’ve put 2000kms on it. Here’s some feedback.

Love the car firstly. It’s a fun car to drive feels faster than you’re actually going. Seats are very comfortable. Tires are good but I haven’t really pushed it. Sport mode is awesome but any little bump and you feel it. This car is amazing on curvy roads between gears 2-4 it’s a lot of fun.

I like the built in Navi that pops up with directions in the gauge cluster. Lack of volume knob doesn’t bother me, steering wheel control is my preference so I don’t have to look away.

Things that could be improved upon.
There is no sunglasses holder. The visors don’t have vanity lights. The head unit crashed and rebooted itself. It was weird but happened only once.

I can’t figure out how to prevent the e brake from activating when I park. I pull into my driveway, keep the clutch pressed in and foot on the brake. Turn the car off release the clutch and depress the brake. Then the e brake activates. The work around is if I take off my seatbelt and and park leaving the car in gear the e brake doesn’t activate. Any advice e on how I can park without the e brake?

My 1st to 2nd shifts could be smoother. Not very smooth, not sure if each gear has a different bite point but my 2nd to 3rd and other upshifts are are butter smooth. Downshifting 3rd to 2nd I need to get my throttle blip better because the car jerks a bit.

The next things I plan on are door sill plates with led and the interior ambiance lights in red. I have an extended warranty so as much as I would like a k tuner if it voids the warranty I won’t get it.
A few people have told me that switching out the manual trans fluid with Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid fixes the 1st to 2nd gear shifts and makes them smooth. I have two quarts in my garage that a friend gave me, on my next oil change I will have my mechanic change out the fluid

OP
OP
healtoe

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A few people have told me that switching out the manual trans fluid with Amsoil Synchromesh MT fluid fixes the 1st to 2nd gear shifts and makes them smooth. I have two quarts in my garage that a friend gave me, on my next oil change I will have my mechanic change out the fluid
Interesting. Mine has 20k kms now and I think the shifts are better now. Keep posted on how it feels after you change it

luigi2120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I can just imagine how you looked too. Did it physically beep at you or just rev 4K and start whining?
The car was beeping at me and was bouncing at 4K rpm. Since then I have learned my lesson! I actually don't use the brake hold anymore unless I am stopped for a long amount of time. Like when the train passes.
Sponsored