Fine Scratches on Display Screen?

2004S2000

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport/2004 S2000
Anyone have luck removing fine scratches from the Info Screen? I really notice it when the sun hits it,a certain way.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
If you put a good screen protection on it. It will hide most of the scratches

The screen is really soft and scratches really easily

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
There are screen "protectors" on Amazon for our cars but apparently they stick on via adhesive from the screen protectors themselves? Some people trying to take the screen protectors off because they bubble, scratch, etc . Has anyone used a screen protector that works well for our Civics?

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are screen "protectors" on Amazon for our cars but apparently they stick on via adhesive from the screen protectors themselves? Some people trying to take the screen protectors off because they bubble, scratch, etc . Has anyone used a screen protector that works well for our Civics?
I have had this one for nearly a year... flawless. Screen looks like the day I bought the car.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CGC83V/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
any of the glass ones are good
just look at the reviews

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
If you do decide to not get one of those protectors, I'd like to emphasize, that screen's material yields easily to moderate pressure. Wipe screen with optical wipes, or with optical cleaner and a lint free cloth that has been used for nothing else but cleaning the screen. Wipe gently.

I too am bummed by the presence of scratches, but I know what causes them and know how not to clean that screen. It was heavy wiping with a stiff cloth that had been washed with hard water that did those scratches on my screen.

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I bought the flexible type of protector off Amazon that doesn't have adhesive. It arrives Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y3Y3MTR/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Just thought I'd provide feedback and highly recommend this screen protector. Buy a large micro fiber towel, shake it vigorously outside the car for about a minute to get all the dust particles and fuzzies out of it. Then go into the car, close the doors (windows should already be closed) so there's no air movement. With the towel, take swipes at the screen until all the fingerprint oils and dust hairs / particles are off. This will take many wipes to get it perfectly clean. Then lineup the screen (may take a dozen attempts) and if done right, you'll only get a few bubbles underneath. Then with the towel, force the bubbles toward the edges until they're gone. I got it right with the 1 of 2 included screens. The 2nd one will probably go on in a few years.

You're left with a protected screen and can't even tell there's a screen protector on it at all. The texture has more friction than the stock touch screen so it makes navigating the screen easier too.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Just thought I'd provide feedback and highly recommend this screen protector. Buy a large micro fiber towel, shake it vigorously outside the car for about a minute to get all the dust particles and fuzzies out of it. Then go into the car, close the doors (windows should already be closed) so there's no air movement. With the towel, take swipes at the screen until all the fingerprint oils and dust hairs / particles are off. This will take many wipes to get it perfectly clean. Then lineup the screen (may take a dozen attempts) and if done right, you'll only get a few bubbles underneath. Then with the towel, force the bubbles toward the edges until they're gone. I got it right with the 1 of 2 included screens. The 2nd one will probably go on in a few years.

You're left with a protected screen and can't even tell there's a screen protector on it at all. The texture has more friction than the stock touch screen so it makes navigating the screen easier too.
A Gear Knob cover, made out of High Quality Microfiber material serves two uses.

(1) It keeps the Gear Knob cool when you leave the car in the sun.
(2) When you go to use the car, and are removing it, it is there in your hand, and is the ideal think to gently wipe the Screen with, to attract all the dust particles off it.

Also, a good Anti-static spay, occasionally applied to the screen, cuts down on the static that attracts the dust.

Another thing to consider, that I have never seen mentioned yet.

That Screen is not going to last for ever.
The high temperatures that can develop inside the car, when not in use, and out in the sun, will shorten the life of the LCD display.
Also, the back-light is not going to last for ever-- it is slowly getting dimmer iver time.
The actual Touch surface is also deteriorating.

So expect to be changing out that Screen in a number of years.

The good news is that they are relatively inexpensive, getting cheaper every year, and also getting BETTER every year.
So the new screen you install in say 5 years, will be significantly better than the current one even when it was new.

My point being... maybe there is no need to obsess over minor scratches on the screen,, if you are careful, only wipe it with Microfiber cloth, and even have a screen protector, that you can change as almost no expense... in a few years you will probably be looking at while new screen as an attractive upgrade.

see COOL-FISHY !!!
https://www.civicx.com/threads/cool-fishy.28208/

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
With the 120k mile warranty, if the screen causes any real issues due to heat, use, direct sunlight, or age ... free Honda replacement! But if selling/trading in is the preferred method, having a scratch free screen will add to the car's selling points.

I like the idea about leaving the microfiber over the shift knob. Might have to try that if we have another northeast heat wave.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
With the 120k mile warranty, if the screen causes any real issues due to heat, use, direct sunlight, or age ... free Honda replacement! But if selling/trading in is the preferred method, having a scratch free screen will add to the car's selling points.

I like the idea about leaving the microfiber over the shift knob. Might have to try that if we have another northeast heat wave.
Under Warranty you get a "Replacement" Unit, that is working .. but this may now not we a NEW unit-- it will most likely be a "Repaired/Refurbished" unit, and may well not be as pristine as a "NEW" Unit.

Earlier this year, Honda had no "Repaired/Refurbished" unit so they had to supply "NEW" units, and code them as "Repaired/Refurbished" unit ( Don't ask why.. but that's what they did).
Now they have stock of "Repaired/Refurbished" units, that is most likely what you will get over the warranty period.

Thinking about it, the Radio is one of the few Items you may not get a NEW part when the item is under "warranty".

Actually, I cannot think of any other Warranty Item you may get that would not be NEW" ..... maybe a complete rebuilt Engine or Gearbox --- but lets hope it does not come to that !!

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Of course, it would have to be BRIGHT RED ???
Sponsored