Country flag
congrats and welcome, best color btw....well I am a little biased :thumbsup:

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
How many times did you look out the window to make sure it was really there ? Lol. I know I did a lot the first week. Happy trails my friend.

OP
OP

MrGoodTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
How many times did you look out the window to make sure it was really there ? Lol. I know I did a lot the first week. Happy trails my friend.
At least 3 times for sure.
Going the bring it next week to get coated and the film because rocks are bad here

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
At least 3 times for sure.
Going the bring it next week to get coated and the film because rocks are bad here
Something to keep in mind no one here talks about with ppf. A rock traveling at highway speeds that hits dead on is like a bullet it can and will eventually puncture the ppf. If this happens and it does. It is more exspensive to replace the film that will now get air under it. Then it is to fix the dent. Depending on film you have to replace or remove it after so many years. Film is exspensive. Over the years on my 3 civics now I have a grand total of about 300 bucks into fixing rock chips and dents or I could have spent thousands several times for each car on films.

OP
OP

MrGoodTime

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Something to keep in mind no one here talks about with ppf. A rock traveling at highway speeds that hits dead on is like a bullet it can and will eventually puncture the ppf. If this happens and it does. It is more exspensive to replace the film that will now get air under it. Then it is to fix the dent. Depending on film you have to replace or remove it after so many years. Film is exspensive. Over the years on my 3 civics now I have a grand total of about 300 bucks into fixing rock chips and dents or I could have spent thousands several times for each car on films.
You have a point there.never thought about it from that angle thank you.

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
Well worth the wait, Mr Good. If the PMM color had been available when I got my CBP, I would have had a hard time deciding. They are both so incredible on this car. The way PMM changes color based on the light conditions is extraordinary and it has an almost anodized look to it in direct sunlight. Enjoy the ride, so many great things about this car.

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
Welcome and Congratualtions. I know, I look out the bedroom or kitchen window to check on my RR every now and then. Sometimes I have to pinch myself after all the struggle to finally find and take one home at msrp.
The night I drove home (about 2 hrs) was surreal. Quite an accomplishment. I'm sure we all felt similar; pure joy to drive yet with a touch of " am I realy driving this?"
My neighbors and nefew and few realtives were all shocked and surpisingly to me were excitedly supportive of me.

Cheers and happy new year to all of you and yours!

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Congrats.

Like the previous person posted about ppf... It sucks when stuff hits and punctures or leaves marks in the film and it costs a lot to replace. I met an airbrush touch-up paint guy nearby that fixes chips for $10-20. If you add those up + repainting an entire bumper, it's less than ppf + cost to replace ppf.. This was my first time getting ppf and it will probably be my last.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats.

Like the previous person posted about ppf... It sucks when stuff hits and punctures or leaves marks in the film and it costs a lot to replace. I met an airbrush touch-up paint guy nearby that fixes chips for $10-20. If you add those up + repainting an entire bumper, it's less than ppf + cost to replace ppf.. This was my first time getting ppf and it will probably be my last.

Hey I'm local to you. Possible to get a PM with this guys information? Thanks man!

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Congrats brother, driver her in good health.
Sponsored