First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After months of my car being at the dealer several times ,a week straight on two separate occasions, and about thirty videos of stuff not working right sent right to the service manager,and the incompetent idiots telling me they can't duplicate any of the issues and not fixing shit, I've gone to another dealer and in less than a day, they said something is definately wrong. Said they had tech line involved and they agreed something isn't working correctly. They need to run some more tests to see what's causing these issues,but this is a major step in the right direction after all the bull I've gone through with the first dealership.
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
After months of my car being at the dealer several times ,a week straight on two separate occasions, and about thirty videos of stuff not working right sent right to the service manager,and the incompetent idiots telling me they can't duplicate any of the issues and not fixing shit, I've gone to another dealer and in less than a day, they said something is definately wrong. Said they had tech line involved and they agreed something isn't working correctly. They need to run some more tests to see what's causing these issues,but this is a major step in the right direction after all the bull I've gone through with the first dealership.
is this regarding to the temp reading?

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes but to be more specific,the temp reading being so far off ,that it is causing stuff to not work.
Its still pretty much winter here was like 45 out the other day and that stupid thing was reading 77 and had the a.c. On when I remote started it!

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what we keep hearing over and over. Different dealerships have different levels of competence or customer service when it comes to their service departments. I would recommend to everyone that, if you aren't getting anywhere with one store, try another one.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You'd think Honda would want their authorized dealers to perform at a high level as far as competence but that's not the case. Their dealer network is fairly awful.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what we keep hearing over and over. Different dealerships have different levels of competence or customer service when it comes to their service departments. I would recommend to everyone that, if you aren't getting anywhere with one store, try another one.
Yea,these dealers are within a half an hour of each other though, you would think there would be a little more effort being put out by the one.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You'd think Honda would want their authorized dealers to perform at a high level as far as competence but that's not the case. Their dealer network is fairly awful.
I was really shocked when American Honda told me they really have no say over what the dealers do. I get that they are all independent,but Honda ought to have at least some standards as to what someone selling their product has to abide by.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Its still pretty much winter here was like 45 out the other day and that stupid thing was reading 77 and had the a.c. On when I remote started it!
77 outside the car (using the temperature readout in the speedometer) or inside (there's no temp readout for the interior; there's only the temperature you'd choose with the climate control, and that's just what you wish it would be, not what it is at any moment)?

It's been cold here, too, and when I got into the car at the end of my workday, the a/c came on because the inside of the car was warmer than my climate control setting.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
77 outside the car (using the temperature readout in the speedometer) or inside (there's no temp readout for the interior; there's only the temperature you'd choose with the climate control, and that's just what you wish it would be, not what it is at any moment)?

It's been cold here, too, and when I got into the car at the end of my workday, the a/c came on because the inside of the car was warmer than my climate control setting.
The outside temp by the speedometer, was the one reading 77°, its causing everything that should come on with the remote start to not come on when it should,defrosters,heated mirrors and seats,the heater. Everyone said I was just complaining about something dumb, but Honda said that temp reading dictates when all that stuff should come on when using the remote start. Honda doesn't state anywhere an exact temp that triggers this stuff,it just says when its cold,and the techs have told me that is a little bit if an issue,but when its 32 out and snowing ,that stuff should be on,but because my car might be reading 58,that stuff doesn't activate. The day it was reading 77 and had the ac on, within less than a minute of me fully starting the car, it dropped over twenty degrees to 54, had it all on video and the tech at the second dealer said that was a major problem,that it shouldn't be changing that fast.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda just called me. They said the climate control module is bad and are gonna replace it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda just called me. They said the climate control module is bad and are gonna replace it.
its a shame that it took that much to figure out what we all knew. I understand they have a checklist they have to follow to eliminate all causes but that other dealer was really just being a bad dealer

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
its a shame that it took that much to figure out what we all knew. I understand they have a checklist they have to follow to eliminate all causes but that other dealer was really just being a bad dealer
Yea,the way the second dealership explained it to me, the first dealership is a very high volume,turn around dealer who isn't too interested in spending time on warranty issues. From what I've been through, I believe every word of that.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea,the way the second dealership explained it to me, the first dealership is a very high volume,turn around dealer who isn't too interested in spending time on warranty issues. From what I've been through, I believe every word of that.
yep, even though the dealer gets reimbursed for warranty work, its at a rate that honda determines and it never covers the cost of the time it takes to diagnose and repair the issue. The book time for non warranty repair is different than the $ Honda pays the dealer back on warranty.
Sponsored