Finally!! OEM splash guards for the Hatchback Sport

BlueCivic

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Hatchback LX, 11 CR-Z
Hi All, I too ordered a set of splash guards, but here in Canada (or at my dealer), they already installed the front so I have a brand new spare set for the front (including new screws that came with them) if anyone is interested. please PM me.

The Honda Part No. is 08P00-TCG-100
Sponsored

thebigm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi All, I too ordered a set of splash guards, but here in Canada (or at my dealer), they already installed the front so I have a brand new spare set for the front (including new screws that came with them) if anyone is interested. please PM me.

The Honda Part No. is 08P00-TCG-100
How much did you pay for the set at your local dealer?

Zardoz13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport Touring
Well, I didn't want to chance painting them and having the paint screw up once winter it and look all scongey. I installed mine anyways just to see how bad they stood out against the gloss.

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally!! OEM splash guards for the Hatchback Sport a2Skxf6

I guess being a WOP car, it's not as noticeable with the higher contrast against the paint. The light sucks because overcast but even in bright sun they don't really stick out as wrong looking unless you're looking directly at them up close.

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (polished metal)
Hey guys - I finally got around to installing mine and wanted to post some pics. Like I mentioned before, I wanted to paint them gloss black, so I just used plain old Rustoleum gloss with Rustoleum clear coat. They definitely look black, but unfortunately the texture keeps them from being as glossy as the molding on my ST.

Also, I didn’t want to drill into my car, so I instead used some 3M auto tape to tape a couple spots on the fender in addition to the wheel well screw and the under side body clip.

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally!! OEM splash guards for the Hatchback Sport 577328A2-088A-40AC-AA13-19939F124FD7

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally!! OEM splash guards for the Hatchback Sport C7936DAD-E092-424A-9DA1-CFD77CE1216D

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally!! OEM splash guards for the Hatchback Sport 137E501F-79C8-4471-B449-313C7A83A8A4

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally!! OEM splash guards for the Hatchback Sport 4DFD942A-B3DD-4400-A6D8-031EB29B4FC9

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally!! OEM splash guards for the Hatchback Sport 6B6B8603-42C5-4320-8A8F-88773EBBA975

Hatchback_lifestyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (VERY SOON)
Country flag
Hey everyone I'm thinking of getting these soon but I've got a few questions (some might be dumb questions but I just want to make sure I get this install right)

What is the margin of error when cutting the hole for the bracket? Or does it have to be close to 100% of the template outline? I'm guessing some of you traced the outline of the template onto the plastic and that's how you cut it out? (I wish someone made a step by step video)

When drilling into the 2 holes in the back, I'm assuming you use the pushpin to mark where to precisely drill?

What tools do I really need? I looked at the instructions and it asks for things like a deburring tool and file. Some of them seem useless

What Philips screwdriver do I use?

It also mentions a stubby one is that like a flathead screwdriver?

Again sorry if some of the questions seem dumb if you need me to clarify please do tell me

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring (polished metal)
- The stubby is still a Phillips, but it’s only like 4” long (as opposed to a normal size screwdriver). Here’s a set of two on amazon: STANLEY 62-000 Stubby Cushion Grip Screwdriver Set, 2-Piece https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A5P5QIQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i0dABbE77F294

- The other Phillips you’ll need is just what I’d call a normal size screwdriver (like 8-10” long).

- If you’re nervous about the drilling, you could do what I did and just use 3M automotive tape. Just cut a couple 1-2” pieces and stick them on the back side of the mud flap where it will make contact with the bumper/fender. That’ll also give you the option of removing them later and not having holes in your car. So just to clarify - you’ll use the screws/body clips on the inside of the wheel wells like the directions say (for both front and back), but you’d be taping the rear ones instead of drilling on the part that touches your paint.

One more tip - for the front wheels, turn your wheel all the way left or right (depending on what side you’re installing), and you’ll have plenty of clearance to get your screwdriver in there.

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
What is the margin of error when cutting the hole for the bracket? Or does it have to be close to 100% of the template outline? I'm guessing some of you traced the outline of the template onto the plastic and that's how you cut it out? (I wish someone made a step by step video)

When drilling into the 2 holes in the back, I'm assuming you use the pushpin to mark where to precisely drill?
me
In the firsthand few pages there are pics of what a few have done instead of using the bracket in the lower hole.
Ditch the bracket, pick up a 1” stainless washer or plastic, a 1” neoprene washer, and a speed clip. Shoot a screw through the lower hole of the guard, through the inner fender liner (behind splash guard) , the neoprene washer, stainless washer, and then the speed clip. It’s plenty stiff and no cutting

curt d

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic sport hatch, 06 Cobalt LS, 08 C6 Vette
Country flag
I was actually able to get a blind shot of what the washers look like. It looks like I should get a stainless speed clip too.

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally!! OEM splash guards for the Hatchback Sport 20180810_101238

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did without the drilling too. Took me maybe 10 min to do front and back. Even without the bracket, it still feels pretty solid. The bottom part where the bumper garnish and body panels holds up and then the one screw near the wheel fender is plenty for me.

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
Total noob and I dont want to cut corners so to speak (willing to pay extra to have professionals install it) so I'm probably going to have them installed at the dealer; but I was wondering and have looked on google to little/no effect: what do you use to paint it gloss black? Could you provide the specific product/brand? Thanks!
(I'm probably going to get the turbo sticker off ebay and look into tint as well...I might look into interior lighting under the dash where it can turn on with the door open and change color, with summer being almost over I'll probably hold off on anything big like new wheels until next year, or save up now for some kind of black friday sale)

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

CT0760

First Name