Finally more bass in my hatch

1. ExVTEC

ExVTEC Senior Member

First Name:
    Elliot
    Car(s):
    2019 CTR
    The stock sub was weak. After reading many threads on possible upgrades I went the cheapest route I could. Why? I just wanted a bit more and rather spend cash on horsepower goodies :D

Rather than do the shallow sub replacement thing I decided to mod the enclosure to allow for more room/depth allowingfor a full size sub. I had some fiberglass lying around so I made a few cuts then patched it up. Once dry a quick sanding and a few coats of some black rubber coating. I went from a depth of 3.5" to 5.5".
    I mounted the sub and after a few tweaks I'm very happy. Overall investment of $70 on the speaker and a few hours of cutting, sanding and coating.
    I would say it's at least a 50-60% improvement. Makes my seat shake and actually had to turn the bass settings down a bit.
    FWIW I don't know anything about modding stereo equipment. I'm sure there are better options out there. I didn't want to run wires, etc and was just looking for more oomph. This worked for me but may not work for you.

20190710_175407.jpg

20190712_132842.jpg

20190712_132638.jpg

20190712_145523.jpg

2. kperalta

kperalta AluminiumCivic

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic Touring
    Poor little skar is probably dying for airspace :confused:

3. OP
    ExVTEC

ExVTEC Senior Member

First Name:
    Elliot
    Car(s):
    2019 CTR
    Actually I spoke to the tech at SKAR and told him what I was doing. Being that I'm not pushing it with an aftermarket amp he said I should be ok. He also recommended some polyfil.

4. kperalta

kperalta AluminiumCivic

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic Touring
    +1 on polyfil

ExVTEC thanked this.