Finally got oil dilution recall!

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I can't believe they don't include the filter. I was disappointed before. That made me bitter. (Just had mine done today)
Yeah. My gripe is that they should have just asked if you wanted to pay the $10 for one because I woudl have. I have free oil changes with them though so it just means at 6000-6500 miles i'll be in for an early oil change so the filter can be done this time.
Sponsored

DrTurtlz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Modern Steel
Country flag
What TSB is this concerning? I am in Houston, TX, USA. 2016 Civic EX-L. Do I ask for something in specific at the dealer?

Superfly

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R / 2018 Civic Si Sedan / 2018 Civic Si Coupe / 2018 Acccord 2.0 Touring / 2001 S2000
Country flag
Got my Si sedan done yesterday. Unmarried the hondata, paid for oil filter and 3hrs later it’s done. They flashed the ecu and it would only hit 14psi.

Updated hondata software, flashed and back to 23psi! Driving on the dealer flash was painful

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Got my Si sedan done yesterday. Unmarried the hondata, paid for oil filter and 3hrs later it’s done. They flashed the ecu and it would only hit 14psi.

Updated hondata software, flashed and back to 23psi! Driving on the dealer flash was painful
As a user of Hondata, please can you briefly explain how it work, to the uniformed (Me)

In particular, with Hondata, can you SAVE the current Flashed ECU data.

ie.
(1) When you bought the car, BEFORE the Honda OD Update, could you save that ECU data ?
(2) After The Honda OD update, could you save the Honda Dealer's Updated ECU
(3) Does the latest Hondata Flash INCLUDE the OD update changes. ?

Is it visible (can the data be seen), exactly what the OD update is, in terms of ECU changes ??

or is at all just ONE Way .. You send data to the ECU to flash it, but can never save the Data in the ECU back to a flashable file ?

I assume, if it is only ONE WAY, that Hondata supples an OD updated standard Honda Flash file, so you ca set the ECU back to that OD Updated state, when you take the car into the dealership for service, ??
Sponsored