Finally got oil dilution recall!

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
so I called the dealership about a fuel filler cap replacement and they told me I get the recall on my 17 ex-L coupe. I’m in Ohio for reference. Anyone who’s had the recall done wanna share their experience? Any difference in performance? Also I only 3k miles on my car so should I wait til maintenance minder gets lower to go in for it? I’m certain it won’t hurt but it could hurt to remove break in oil prematurely. Also they do not replace the filter but I can ask if they will replace one I bring in. Probably gonna go with Mobil 1. Idk where to get ao1 oem ones.
Sponsored

elmer255

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Got mine done a few weeks ago. Replaced A/C control unit and installed new software update. Had to take it back for a second software update because car would warm up and then go completely cold- it kept fluctuating. Since the second visit I notice engine gets to temp a little faster than before and stays there.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got mine done a few weeks ago. Replaced A/C control unit and installed new software update. Had to take it back for a second software update because car would warm up and then go completely cold- it kept fluctuating. Since the second visit I notice engine gets to temp a little faster than before and stays there.
What’s the new power train warranty? 6 years unlimited miles?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So there are 2 potential update, with the 1st inferior update, being superseded by a 2nd more correct update !!
Any idea how these updates are identified ? Numbers ??

Otherwise. how are owners no know which update they are really getting, let alone the Dealer having a clues as to which update they should now be using.
You are lucky if some Dealers will even admit that is is any update !!!

Maybe, someone like you, who has had both, could find out that information, and post it for the rest of us --( Please)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the first wave of the TSB update involved replacing the the A/C control unit and now the revamped procedure is to just update the software while keeping the original A/C control unit.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I thought the first wave of the TSB update involved replacing the the A/C control unit and now the revamped procedure is to just update the software while keeping the original A/C control unit.
Nope I get a/c unit replaced.

R3D5IVE

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Hatchback MT6, 2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road MT5
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm having the same issue. I took my car in for the recall even though I didn't notice any issues with warm up or fuel smell in the oil. Now my car will not come up to temp. I called the dealer to tell them about the issue and the have no idea how to fix this. Meanwhile I have a car that I don't want to drive because it can't be good for the engine driving it cold in -20c weather and never getting up to operating temp between stops. My 2002 Tacoma with nearly 300,000 kms gives me less issues than my Honda has at 8,000 kms. I would drop the car off at the dealer and just tell them it's now their problem and to call me when it's fixed, but the closest dealer is 250kms away round trip (yes, I live in the middle of nowhere).

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I'm having the same issue. I took my car in for the recall even though I didn't notice any issues with warm up or fuel smell in the oil. Now my car will not come up to temp. I called the dealer to tell them about the issue and the have no idea how to fix this. Meanwhile I have a car that I don't want to drive because it can't be good for the engine driving it cold in -20c weather and never getting up to operating temp between stops. My 2002 Tacoma with nearly 300,000 kms gives me less issues than my Honda has at 8,000 kms. I would drop the car off at the dealer and just tell them it's now their problem and to call me when it's fixed, but the closest dealer is 250kms away round trip (yes, I live in the middle of nowhere).

Sorry for you.

arsh88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I just had mine done yesterday. Took about 45 min. They did a oil change (minus the filter) and reflashed the ECU. however they were insistent it was "not a recall" but called it specifically a "product update." To me it's the same, something was broke and they fixed it, but there must be some impact on sales when recalls exist. Anyway i'm happy, i honestly don't notice much of a difference with driving. I do wish they'd offer to do the filter with it, but i have free oil changes for the next 3 years (advertised as 5 but it's a set number and i'll use it up before then). I plan on doing the next oil change early as well, and then will start following honda's recommendations with oil percentage if i notice that the oil is in better condition.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
Stealership I went to to get the "recall" done didn't know if it was an update or a recall lol. One service rep. said it's an update and can be skipped for a later time of my convenience and another said it was mandatory recall and they wouldn't give me back my car if they didn't complete the "recall" service. lol

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Stealership I went to to get the "recall" done didn't know if it was an update or a recall lol. One service rep. said it's an update and can be skipped for a later time of my convenience and another said it was mandatory recall and they wouldn't give me back my car if they didn't complete the "recall" service. lol
In the US it's a TSB. In Canada, they call it an update. I took my car in for a B1 service and asked about the dilution TSB. Apparently Maryland was just getting the flash software and they weren't set up to do the work yet. They told me to bring my car back anytime if I wanted, or just wait til my next oil change. I'm waiting. :)

DKL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Challenger Hellcat. '06 Z4 '97 Supra '18 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got mine done; I insisted they not dump the Amsoil signature series I put in 800 miles ago, and they begrudgingly agreed. Seems to come up to temp normally.

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the US it's a TSB. In Canada, they call it an update. I took my car in for a B1 service and asked about the dilution TSB. Apparently Maryland was just getting the flash software and they weren't set up to do the work yet. They told me to bring my car back anytime if I wanted, or just wait til my next oil change. I'm waiting. :)

So any idea on a timeline? I’m MD too!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they should have it by now. Check with your dealer.
Sponsored