Finally got my R.. and was a sweet deal

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
So right place at right time.. I finally got my CW R a couple weeks ago. After being on my dealers list since officially announced a couple years back, passing on 3 that were wrong color and then finally pulling off list and moving on since life circumstances changed... i got the call.

A guy had dropped by my dealership to 'return' a CW 2018 he got from another dealer. Reportedly he got it and decided it was too much car for him and he need a Daily Driver then with Chicago Winter he quickly realized it wasn't usable for him after paying a $2500 markup plus mats and wheel locks.
Of note, we've bought 12 vehicles from our dealer over the years, so there is a lot of trust with them.

It only had 200 miles on it and was mint plus options. Obviously everyone was suspicious so checked it really close. Came through perfect as Certified used car, and as standard with the Cert Used, they gave it a 7 year bumper to bumper, plus I got them to thrown in the Titanium Tire/Wheel plus scratch and dent 5 year for half price. SWEET deal... Was just a few pennies under MSRP, plus the options, 7y warranty plus tire/wheel..
I put 80 more miles on it and now been in garage for 2 weeks since it's snowy and -30. Come on spring! LOL.
Sponsored

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
Nice! The other owner hadn't even got out of the break in period yet. It should still have the original "break in" oil and that new car smell!

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
that is a sweet deal, ideally i'd still consider that new and not a certified used, but that price though! lol i'll take it

OP
OP

Biggeek55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Type R, 2019 Accord 2.0 Touring, 2017 Hatch Sport Touring, 2015 Civic SI
Country flag
It def has the new car smell. Even the bolsters were perfect. I've bought many new cars with more miles than that..
In this case Certified Used (with 208 miles) is way better since it has the full factory warranty plus the extra pushing it to 7/100k. And I didn't have to buy the two options I was.

Nanook

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Accord, 2018 Pilot, 2017 Si, 2018 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Grats!
Sponsored