Finally got my CW CTR!! Should I sell?

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
I finally got my CW CTR a couple days ago, number 470, I'm super pumped! The car is so much better in real life than any pictures or video give it credit. The weather has been sketchy and I've been busy at work, so for now the poor thing is still sitting in my garage with under 30 miles on the ODO (PDI/gas/drive home). Haven't even had time to take off the interior plastic or get the mats out yet. I did get a break in the weather to give her a nice hand wash though. I had told the dealer to leave it as-is without washing before I left.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for even making this topic, but I'm just looking for honest opinions. First let me say: I am a self-admitted Honda fan boy. I have owned 10 Honda/Acura's and currently have an ITR and S2000 that I plan to keep forever. Before I picked up my CTR, I was on the top of the waiting list for 2 years. I've been hoping a CTR would come to the US for 20 years. To say I've been excited about it for a long time is an understatement.

That out of the way- simple question. Now that you have your CTR, especially for those of you that got lucky and only paid MSRP, would you turn around and sell it if someone offered you crazy money? I'm talking $45K+. I'm certain I would not sell it for only say $5K profit, but when you start getting towards $10K profit, man, that's got my attention. For one, that's just a lot of money that could go a long ways towards other purchases, family vacations, etc. Secondly, we know Honda is going to make more, and we know the hype and ADM pricing is going to go away. So I'm sure you'd get another chance down the road.

This is more hypothetical than anything, but I'm curious what every thinks on the topic. Just looking through all the eBay auctions and reading what people are paying on here, and yeah... got me thinking "hmmmm"

Lastly... obligatory pic and badge shot:

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got my CW CTR!! Should I sell? 153e92f0-dbd1-4e3d-9f45-7ed8904817ba

Honda Civic 10th gen Finally got my CW CTR!! Should I sell? 6e09ecf1-1e5b-4c88-bc7b-24c0fba09c19

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Im waiting for my type r to arrive at my dealer still.. this kinda pisses me off to tell ya the truth.. as a true honda fan this wouldnt be even on my mind unless i lost my job or something.. ijust think of all those poor guys on that list after you..

Last edited:
OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a CW with a low plate number.. I would keep it forever. It would be hard to turn down 10k in instant profit though.
Definitely my #1 preference is to keep, drive, and enjoy. I didn't buy it with the intention to sell it. Like you said though, $10K+ instant profit is hard to ignore.

I honestly did not think any member in here would be asking this question especially since there are a lot of folks who have desperately looking to own the car.
Im waiting for my type r to arrive at my dealer still.. this kinda pisses me off to tell ya the truth.. as a true honda fan this wouldnt be even on my mind unless i lost my job or something..
Ouch, haha. As I said, I've been on a waiting list for 2 years. I doubt many people on this forum have been on a list that long. My dealer didn't even know what the CTR was when I came in and talked to them about it in May of 2015. I started the list. After a year in, I was still the only person on the list. Please don't imply I'm some non-enthusiast who swooped down in the last few weeks and "stole" the spot from someone else.

My thought is that if someone is so desperate and/or wealthy that they can spend $45-50K on a CTR, who am I to stand in the way of that? Especially if they are going to pay a dealer anyway. Like I said in the above reply, it's not been my intention to sell it or anything. I think from my first post it should be evident that I'm about as solid of a Honda enthusiast as there is. I'm just saying- it's crazy what people are paying, and if one could capitalize on it by selling now, then buy another CTR down the road, why is that such a bad thing?

And again, this is why I posted, I'm curious everyone's opinions and to have a discussion on it. It's still more hypothetical than anything.

jdmorangefever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 eg, 17 type r, 16 crv
Country flag
Its your car so you can do what you want. I guess its like house flipping. Maybe because i havent gotten one yet it pains me to hear that. Truthfully if u can get 10k more for a used r thats pretty good

SkyeHack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll give you $33,900 for it. Not a bad deal since it's used.
Ha. Well, it's not for sale, so moot point. Just a discussion at this point. Like I said, I wouldn't even think about selling it unless someone was throwing crazy amounts of money at me.

Ill give you $30K for it right now, cash. Why? Because that's exactly what it's worth and what a dealer is going to give you on trade in.
First, see previous comment. Second, I've never traded a car in to a dealer. So trade-in value really has no bearing on any selling decision I make.

Texting&Driving

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 6 GT
I finally got my CW CTR a couple days ago, number 470, I'm super pumped! The car is so much better in real life than any pictures or video give it credit. The weather has been sketchy and I've been busy at work, so for now the poor thing is still sitting in my garage with under 30 miles on the ODO (PDI/gas/drive home). Haven't even had time to take off the interior plastic or get the mats out yet. I did get a break in the weather to give her a nice hand wash though. I had told the dealer to leave it as-is without washing before I left.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for even making this topic, but I'm just looking for honest opinions. First let me say: I am a self-admitted Honda fan boy. I have owned 10 Honda/Acura's and currently have an ITR and S2000 that I plan to keep forever. Before I picked up my CTR, I was on the top of the waiting list for 2 years. I've been hoping a CTR would come to the US for 20 years. To say I've been excited about it for a long time is an understatement.

You set up this whole post so that someone can message you saying, I want to buy it. "ohhh i have not had a chance to drive it, but I did give it a nice wash". get out of here bro.

I agree with the other poster, you suck.
If you want to sell it don't post here when people are desperate to get one and post it on ebay.

Unreal, that you took the time to post this garbage.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
10k to wait a few months for another one? Yes of course. It's just a car.
Sponsored