Filmed: 2017 Civic Type R Exhaust Sounds (first production Type R in U.S.)

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Maybe someone has already mentioned this but the Evo X has a hood duct as well. The difference is that the turbo is mounted behind the engine and the air flows directly into it. The warm air escapes from the front fenders.

The CTR has the turbo mounted at the front, which is why I think the metal shield is use as a heat sink.

Honda Civic 10th gen Filmed: 2017 Civic Type R Exhaust Sounds (first production Type R in U.S.) large-0b25f0546e6d2c8adfb2a7af874ec0a7a7bea51a
Sponsored

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Could simply be a CF overlay. My '00 ITR had the similar textures on the interior plastic trim.

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just hope the black parts weather well. UV just kills black plastics to a grayish plastic...

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could simply be a CF overlay. My '00 ITR had the similar textures on the interior plastic trim.
Oh, it most certainly is not 100% carbon fiber. It's going to be carbon cosmetic layer and the rest fiberglass. The back of the seat doesn't look like real carbon, but the splitter and diffuser definitely do.

I like that carbon fiber+red fiberglass weave they used on the mirror and spoiler. We had a carbon+kevlar(black and yellow) 2x2 twill weave I worked with in the past. I miss working in composites sometimes, but then I remember how much I don't want cancer. :rolleyes:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Is me or I can hear some wheel spinning? :drive::flame::innocent:

Any lawyer around here. Need to discuss about a possible divorce. Wife told me that I can't get a manual car. It has to be automatic or nothing. Apparently the Honda Odyssey isn't enough for her.:crazy:

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Is me or I can hear some wheel spinning? :drive::flame::innocent:

Any lawyer around here. Need to discuss about a possible divorce. Wife told me that I can't get a manual car. It has to be automatic or nothing. Apparently the Honda Odyssey isn't enough for her.:crazy:
No traction till the old man hits 3rd gear :drive:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Actually, it sounds very much like the FK2...

Maybe just maybe the R button will make it sound different like it happens with many cars today with different exhaust system sound profiles depending on the driving mode.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that black does look nice... i am glad i seem to be the only one who wants this in blue... it means i'll have an even more rare CTR than most...

i wonder if anyone else carries their action cam with suction mount for situations like these... if i run into a CTR in person, best believe i'll have some exhaust sound clips from right outside the centre tips...

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe just maybe the R button will make it sound different like it happens with many cars today with different exhaust system sound profiles depending on the driving mode.
Maybe, but there are no silly flapper valves to control sound.

ahsanmahmood89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI and Accord Coupe
Country flag
Me too, but the haters always gotta hate. Looks and feels cheap to some who haven't even seen it in person hehehe :p
IMG_0874.JPG
IMG_0876.JPG
IMG_0877.JPG
IMG_0875.JPG
IMG_0879.JPG
IMG_0880.JPG
IMG_0881.JPG
There are some people who went to Geneva and said that it isn't real carbon fibre but more like a plastic piece with a wrap. If its real carbon fibre, thats awesome!

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
There are some people who went to Geneva and said that it isn't real carbon fibre but more like a plastic piece with a wrap. If its real carbon fibre, thats awesome!

Seriously? You want real carbon on a $35K car? I saw the real car at Autocon it's the paper carbon sticker on plastic. Yes I touched it with my finger.

ahsanmahmood89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI and Accord Coupe
Country flag
Seriously? You want real carbon on a $35K car? I saw the real car at Autocon it's the paper carbon sticker on plastic. Yes I touched it with my finger.
lol I am in Canada so its more like $50,000 OTD here :p
Sponsored