Filmed: 2017 Civic Type R Exhaust Sounds (first production Type R in U.S.)

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
Not just that but to my knowledge this is one of the first times a black CTR has been shown clearly, I guess everyone really only wants a CW
Looks great but for me everything except Sonic Grey(dull,boring) and Black(hard to clean, you boil inside). In fact my order is: metal grey, blue followed by cw, red only if I have to.
Sponsored

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
I agree, I figured more people would be ohhing and ahhing, I sure am, thing looks sick! Come on Friday and NYIAS!! :headbang:

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
I agree, I figured more people would be ohhing and ahhing, I sure am, thing looks sick! Come on Friday and NYIAS!! :headbang:
It made my day, great surprise to see it in the wild. Looks/sounds promising but when it comes to purchase the tastes vary slightly.

s2kdriver80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY21 FK8 Honda Civic Type R, MY03 AP1 Honda S2000
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
More plush than a Focus RS? Have they softened up the suspension and made it less "raw"? :( Used to the visceral feel of driving coming from the S2000. Since they now have a comfort mode, I imagine they might have had to lower the spring rates to accommodate this new feel.

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. This car feels cheap for the price that we'd be able to get it.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
More plush than a Focus RS? Have they softened up the suspension and made it less "raw"? :( Used to the visceral feel of driving coming from the S2000. Since they now have a comfort mode, I imagine they might have had to lower the spring rates to accommodate this new feel.
No, a car doesn't have to be jarring (RS) to handle well. Watch Savagegeeses video on the RS.. this is amazing news. Car wait to hear the laptime. GT-R FAST!

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry about the wording. What I had meant was, this car feels like its composed of cheap materials. For an estimated final price of near $50k (with OTD & markup), its inexcusable tbh. Don't get me wrong. The R is still a great car but I feel like what this video had done is just proven its over-hyped.

jdmk20akid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic w/ B18c5, 2016 Honda Accord EX w/ Honda Sensing
Country flag
Sorry about the wording. What I had meant was, this car feels like its composed of cheap materials. For an estimated final price of near $50k (with OTD & markup), its inexcusable tbh. Don't get me wrong. The R is still a great car but I feel like what this video had done is just proven its over-hyped.
What in this small 18 second clip, and few pictures gives you the impression it's cheap....? That makes no sense to me

Molatte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Gives me an impression I just watched another Civic HB with custom exhaust & bloated wheels. Killed whatever excitement for the R I had lol and I was hyped. But that's just me though.

Before I watched the video and entered the thread I was like "holy shit! Type R exhaust sounds!" and after I was done with the video I was..."oh"

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
Was the engine cover in the press photos a part of an optional package or something? Looked so much better than this one with the black plastic...

Also, thanks for the photos buddy!
Should have been red cover to stand out type R engine... i almost felt sad seeing the black cover...

ahsanmahmood89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI and Accord Coupe
Country flag
Updated with a Link:
Hey Guys, as always constantly searching for information on the new Type r and waiting for people who are testing to post videos. Well I took a screen shot of a video I found!

you are amazing for finding this! Sounds great and looks good in the black
Sponsored