Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
You gotta remember, turbos do lag. And these engines often feel different day to day depending on ambient temps/humidity etc...

Combine that with Honda running diagnostics and seeing nothing, I wouldn't worry. Just enjoy your car. Keep in mind too that you're hardly past your break in period.

samt2497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX HB EX
Country flag
I've experienced similar things with my civic, one thing is for sure, this car is extremely moody, sometimes feels laggy, sometimes "push you to the seat" easily.

This may seem counterintuitive, but with ECO mode the turbo spools early.
When using the "S" gear it will take longer to spool but you will feel the turbo "kicking in"

I would say what you experience is totally normal for this car, and there is a bunch of stuff and variables that will alter the car behavior.

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Well, first of all, you're still in your break-in period not sure why you pushing the car hard... read the owner's manual to know more about it.

You can always put in 93 octane gas and try it out. Also check your oil level, if it's just abit over the max it'll feel very slow keep it in the middle between the max and min.

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Hi @gtman thanks for coming here.

Hmm I see.
So the story begins like this, I visit a garage in my city to buy BMC air filter, so I parked my car inside, and we talk blabla, and then he said "oh wanna remap"? I said not for now, and he said "let me see your ecu" and then he plugged in obd2 and I saw ecu reading process and it took few minutes. But the he offered me to ride a stage 1 crv turbo, and me and him take a drive for about 10 minutes.

After we come back, and he unplugged the laptop, then I went home. On street, I feel something weird. It feels so smooth, even I tried many times, what I feel before I came to his garage is now gone, it is different. I thought that the BMC I bought is fake, but it turns out a real one with sticker inside. Until now, I have tried oem air filter, the feeling just the same.
Now the boost only punching at 3500 above.

I hope it is just my feeling, not a leaked piping :(

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
@samt2497 thanks bro for coming. Yeah, but there is no more turbo kicked in at 2500 RPM as I usually feel :(

@davidgostbo Hi bro, since I took the car from dealer, I always use 98 octane fuel, in Indonesia, there are only 90, 92, and 98.
It feels weird, it usually punching at 2500-3000, but now it is smooth after I went home from his garage. :(

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
oil still in good shape, bmc air filter is still new, 98 octane as usual as this car drinks,

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned my 1.5 turbo for 3 years. I've never gotten a rush of power at 2500 rpm. It usually happens in the 3500-4000 rpm range. All normal for our car.

samt2497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX HB EX
Country flag
I've owned my 1.5 turbo for 3 years. I've never gotten a rush of power at 2500 rpm. It usually happens in the 3500-4000 rpm range. All normal for our car.
This is weird, I've owned the car since 2017, the turbo usually starts spooling around 2500 rpm (2 to 3 bars in the gauge) @4000rpm the gauge is almost at 70%.

I live at 0 meters above sea.

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Yes I do agree @gtman , it happens so fucking brutal at 3500-4000 rpm for this little engine, (sorry for my word hahaha), this engine makes me smile.

For city driving, I always put on eco mode, I keep below 2000 rpm, why? Because it shocked me many times while I drive slowly, accidentally push throttle little bit and I get torque steer, that's why I really careful keep it below 2000, the city I live is very busy, so many cars. Since I bought this car, I learn the throttle very carefully and smooth, not rush so hard, and I know it is usually kick in at 2500 rpm. But now I have to push it up to 3500 to feel the turbo boost, so sad :(

Is there possible turbo leak? What is the sign of turbo leak? I don't want to judge someone, but that guy, the owner of the garage I visit, could do something to my civic

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
@samt2497 do you still feel the punch at 2500? maybe occasionally or sometimes? I am totally can not feel it again, it is gone :( no more turbo punch at 2500 :(

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is weird, I've owned the car since 2017, the turbo usually starts spooling around 2500 rpm (2 to 3 bars in the gauge) @4000rpm the gauge is almost at 70%.

I live at 0 meters above sea.
You do realize the turbo dash gauge on the non-Si is basically a toy for "entertainment purposes" mostly.

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
I hope you are right @gtman , but it feels so real. Right after I went home from his garage, it feels like my civic has been detuned, shit :(

OP
OP
NewCivicRs

NewCivicRs

First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Oh, can I plug turbo meter to see whether there is boost leak or not when I hit the throttle?
Sponsored