Feeling Of Going Fast

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Having owned my Si for about a month now, I was wondering if anyone has felt like they were going faster than they really was when they looked down at their speedometer?

I am coming from a Camaro, and the Si at lower speeds, feels like it is going faster. Just to be clear, I am not saying that it has better acceleration, but it does feel quicker when traveling at a consistent speed. I'm guessing that this is largely due to the 700lb+ weight difference.
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Yup, weight difference and size. But that's the sign of a good sports car. You can get a thrill just by the feel of it at any speed. My Corvette was like that, my '95 Prelude Si, and my '88 Dodge Daytona Turbo.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It has more to do with the H point. This Civic is just over an inch lower than its predecessor. The new Accord emulates a similar experience compared with the outgoing model.

OP
OP

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I got that feeling the other day while I was a passenger... turns out the wife was doing 15 over the speed limit... no wonder. o_O
This might be my reason as well, except with me being the driver. :hmm:

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
the Si at lower speeds, feels like it is going faster. Just to be clear, I am not saying that it has better acceleration, but it does feel quicker when traveling at a consistent speed.
They call it the "fun-to-drive factor". :) Less weight, less mechanical and audible insulation from the road, etc. One of the best things about this car IMO. :cool:

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Happens every time I drive my wife's 2018 CRV EX, I have this feeling.
I always drive in sport mode and the CVT, torque, & boost make for an extremely smooth experience. I'll always look down to find myself 10 mph or so over.

The Si I feel directly connected to & don't really feel this. Very similar to how S2000's feel, one of the best cars ever made.

The car is so smooth but at the drop of a dime it can turn the performance up. Seriously one of the best stock platforms I have every driven. I will not be touching the suspension/tire setup in this car it is that good.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have an Si but an EX-L turbo sedan. Before my tune, I'd be driving along at 30mph and I'd give it some gas and was shocked how quickly it got to 60+mph . Now that I'm tuned, it's absolutely ridiculous (in a good way). :thumbsup:

TheRealWizzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe / 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
Country flag
I have the opposite experience I feel like im going slower than I am(always find ymyself speeding). I guess it might have something to do with the 2005 grand prix being the other car im used to but idk.

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
i know the crappier the car the faster it seems to be going, i had a isuzu trooper and it felt like i was going 100 mph at 55 was very bad experiance.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Happens every time I drive my wife's 2018 CRV EX, I have this feeling.
I always drive in sport mode and the CVT, torque, & boost make for an extremely smooth experience. I'll always look down to find myself 10 mph or so over.

The Si I feel directly connected to & don't really feel this. Very similar to how S2000's feel, one of the best cars ever made.

The car is so smooth but at the drop of a dime it can turn the performance up. Seriously one of the best stock platforms I have every driven. I will not be touching the suspension/tire setup in this car it is that good.
I have an Si (like you), and my fiancee (like yours) has a 2018 CR-V. I love driving both! Basically the same engine

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Yes, the feel the same way.
My previous was a MB-CLK350 which was 700-800 LB heavier. Going in 100KMH, it feels much better in the SI than the MB coupe.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have an Si (like you), and my fiancee (like yours) has a 2018 CR-V. I love driving both! Basically the same engine
Yeah pretty much! I love it, only one platform I need to learn now!

My wife is in love with her new CRV......she has already named it & is not letting me driving it as much lol

Good thing is my wife is very good with a manual transmission so we can switch if she'd ever let me!

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Yeah pretty much! I love it, only one platform I need to learn now!

My wife is in love with her new CRV......she has already named it & is not letting me driving it as much lol

Good thing is my wife is very good with a manual transmission so we can switch if she'd ever let me!
I taught my fiancee to drive manual in my Si! She took to it really fast and well. She likes driving it a lot too.

She had a 2014 EX CR-V (AWD), then a 2015 Touring CR-V (FWD), and now the 2017 EX-L (FWD). Before that, it was a '94 Accord sedan. Funny that she's only ever had Hondas and is now marrying a Honda employee!

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I taught my fiancee to drive manual in my Si! She took to it really fast and well. She likes driving it a lot too.

She had a 2014 EX CR-V (AWD), then a 2015 Touring CR-V (FWD), and now the 2017 EX-L (FWD). Before that, it was a '94 Accord sedan. Funny that she's only ever had Hondas and is now marrying a Honda employee!
Sounds pretty similar to us! Every vehicle I own is a Honda and most past vehicles!
I also have a heavy background in the Automotive Business and use to work for Honda & Toyota!

Small world!
Sponsored