obsole

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R
Country flag
It's my first huge purchase and i'm already looking at adding parts to it. I've looked at various forums and various builds but I still can't seem to put my finger on what I should get first.

My thoughts are to get the Acuity short shifter, throttle pedal spacer, and possibly a performance air intake.

Not sure if something needs to be bought or added to the clutch for me to add a short shifter? The clutch feels kind of groggy, and I could easily tell the previous owner used the car to learn how to drive stick shift. The shifts don't feel "like butter." I've driven my friends 2019 Si and the shifts I have on his car are smooth and hardly any throwback.

I've made a spreadsheet on potential additions that i've commonly seen on threads here on the website. Would also like to take advantage of black friday sales also.
Sponsored

Attachments

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's my first huge purchase and i'm already looking at adding parts to it. I've looked at various forums and various builds but I still can't seem to put my finger on what I should get first.

My thoughts are to get the Acuity short shifter, throttle pedal spacer, and possibly a performance air intake.

Not sure if something needs to be bought or added to the clutch for me to add a short shifter? The clutch feels kind of groggy, and I could easily tell the previous owner used the car to learn how to drive stick shift. The shifts don't feel "like butter." I've driven my friends 2019 Si and the shifts I have on his car are smooth and hardly any throwback.

I've made a spreadsheet on potential additions that i've commonly seen on threads here on the website. Would also like to take advantage of black friday sales also.
Would you mind copy and pasting your mod list in text form in your original message so no file download is needed from our end? It'll help your post gain more visibility and your questions answered quicker.

Yes, Acuity shifter upgrade parts are highly recommend on your Si. They also have shift cable bushings upgrade to eliminate the sloppiness. Also consider changing out the transmission fluid may improve shifting feel. Good luck!

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Congrats on your new SI!

I would say look into changing all your fluids, just to see if there is a difference in feel and probably save your $$$ for a good after market clutch. That way when you want more power you’ll know you can handle it.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I’ve been through a lot with my Si from building it to blowing my motor. I can say this.. keep your intake stock until you’re ready to get a custom tune. First power adder should be either Ktuner Or Hondata. Don’t fall for the power increase on an Intake without a custom tune. Your first two purchases should be the tuning unit and an upgraded Intercooler If performance is your main focus. Upgrade your clutch only if you have to.

OP
OP

obsole

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R
Country flag
Congrats on your new SI!

I would say look into changing all your fluids, just to see if there is a difference in feel and probably save your $$$ for a good after market clutch. That way when you want more power you’ll know you can handle it.

Any recommendations on some?

OP
OP

obsole

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R
Country flag
I’ve been through a lot with my Si from building it to blowing my motor. I can say this.. keep your intake stock until you’re ready to get a custom tune. First power adder should be either Ktuner Or Hondata. Don’t fall for the power increase on an Intake without a custom tune. Your first two purchases should be the tuning unit and an upgraded Intercooler If performance is your main focus. Upgrade your clutch only if you have to.
I have a question,
I'm thrown off with all this ktuner and hondata stuff. Why would I need such, to add a performance mod such as cold air intake.

Maroco

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda civic lx 2020 civic si
Country flag
I have a question,
I'm thrown off with all this ktuner and hondata stuff. Why would I need such, to add a performance mod such as cold air intake.
Simple way to put it. Your stock ecu is programmed to see a certain amount of air go through the mass airflow sensor. If you change your intake with out adding hondata or ktuner to tune the car for the intake your car will run rich and eventually so damage to your engine.

These turbo engines MUST be tuned for upgrades if you want the upgrades to have a positive effect.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a question,
Depending on the intake you get (Injen) will throw your fuel trims off without a proper tune to correct the af ratio.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Me personally, I would work on upgrading the suspension and wheels/tires first, then focus on power.

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Any recommendations on some?
Tbh no I don’t have any I could recommend. I would search the forum to read reviews on different ones. I know you can buy one straight up from clutch masters and a light weight fly wheel or hit up E-Man through FB to get a CTR one retrofitted to your car. I would personally just get an aftermarket one and go from there.

Remember with more power it will put strain on your engine and it’s components. Light weight wheels and better tires would also definitely turn up the fun factor!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
The tires I have still have a lot of thread. I live out in San Diego, and rarely ever go to the snow.

Any recommendation on specific tires?
Depends on how much you want to spend and how you want it to perform.

OP
OP

obsole

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Type R
Country flag
Tbh no I don’t have any I could recommend. I would search the forum to read reviews on different ones. I know you can buy one straight up from clutch masters and a light weight fly wheel or hit up E-Man through FB to get a CTR one retrofitted to your car. I would personally just get an aftermarket one and go from there.

Remember with more power it will put strain on your engine and it’s components. Light weight wheels and better tires would also definitely turn up the fun factor!
What is this whole CTR retrofitted stuff? like how is that a benefit?

Memogiyi

First Name
Guillermo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What is this whole CTR retrofitted stuff? like how is that a benefit?
It’s an upgrade from our clutch. It’s the same clutch found in the Civic Type R. E-Man is a shop owner out of Oxnard (I believe) and he has been retrofitting the CTR clutch and flywheel into our SI’s. that’s just an alternative.

Check this YouTube video out from the smoking tire when you have a chance. It’ll give you more insight on what I’m talking about:
Sponsored