Osobigg

Grand Sky Marshal of the North
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6MT Polished Metal
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
We do not flash or modify the cluster in any way at this time.
i'd just like the speedometer to respond faster. the digital readout refreshes every second, it would be nice to reduce that.

dareth

First Name
kohw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
Hi,
can we have a cvt temp added into the v2 which is similar to GT500 cvt temp?
This feature is exceptionally important for cvt owners.

Thank you.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
@KTuner is it possible to include ambient temperature as a loggable parameter? The car is already reading it, but not sure if the ECU can see it. I like to plot IAT over ambient rather than just IAT but I don't always remember to note the outside temp..

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
@KTuner is it possible to include ambient temperature as a loggable parameter? The car is already reading it, but not sure if the ECU can see it. I like to plot IAT over ambient rather than just IAT but I don't always remember to note the outside temp..
It is not connected to the ECU, but may be on the CAN bus. I'll see what I can find.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Hi,
can we have a cvt temp added into the v2 which is similar to GT500 cvt temp?
This feature is exceptionally important for cvt owners.

Thank you.
The unit only communicates with the ECU, not the CVT controller.

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
So maybe I am late to the party... is the rev match feature for the Si in development currently, or on the roadmap somewhere? (The anti lag someone mentioned would be cool too but if you gave me a choice, rev match hands down:p)

Any idea when rev match might be coming?

I've been tossing around the idea of getting a Ktuner just for the "soft" features like rev hang disable, rev matching, and so on. To be able to push the sport button and engage all those goodies would be worth the price of admission and then some.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I like that idea of possibly logging ambient as well as getting both IAT values the ability to be exported in .csv or plotted in the software (I'll admit I haven't checked the newest versions but last I tried only one IAT value had that ability and the only way to see the other was to click on a specific point in the log and scroll through the data on the right.)

shagam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So maybe I am late to the party... is the rev match feature for the Si in development currently, or on the roadmap somewhere? (The anti lag someone mentioned would be cool too but if you gave me a choice, rev match hands down:p)

Any idea when rev match might be coming?
Bump!

Nitori

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
I don't think it's coming any time soon- I did a little bit more digging since I made that post and a little bit of testing. People said that cruise control rev matched for you, but that's definitely false- it just holds the RPM at about 2000 instead of letting the revs drop to idle.

The way auto rev match actually works is pretty neat, It's not a sensor that detects which *gear* the transmission is in, it is a speed sensor on the input shaft of the transmission. Fascinating how it works- you push the clutch in and select a lower gear, and the input shaft will start turning at the speed the engine would be turning, all it has to do is blip and hold flywheel speed to input shaft speed and it will be a perfect rev match when you let the clutch out.

I am pretty sure that this sensor is only on the Type R though- the transmission case itself has 2 different part numbers so there's probably not even a blind hole to pop a sensor in.

Probably the closest we could get would be an "auto blip" function that gives you a little shot of throttle when you push the clutch and brake pedal at the same time. I know there is a brake pressure sensor (it's one of the dash options so it's gotta be somewhere in CAN) so you could probably even tweak a map to make it almost perfect based on brake pressure and the last (calculated value) gear you were in.

I'm sure Ktuner could probably come up with that considering it'd be almost like reverse rev-hang, but the question is how time consuming and/or how motivated they are for this feature.

Last edited:

David228cx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Red Honda Civic Sport (EU)
Country flag
I don't think it's coming any time soon- I did a little bit more digging since I made that post and a little bit of testing. People said that cruise control rev matched for you, but that's definitely false- it just holds the RPM at about 2000 instead of letting the revs drop to idle.

The way auto rev match actually works is pretty neat, It's not a sensor that detects which *gear* the transmission is in, it is a speed sensor on the input shaft of the transmission. Fascinating how it works- you push the clutch in and select a lower gear, and the input shaft will start turning at the speed the engine would be turning, all it has to do is blip and hold flywheel speed to input shaft speed and it will be a perfect rev match when you let the clutch out.

I am pretty sure that this sensor is only on the Type R though- the transmission case itself has 2 different part numbers so there's probably not even a blind hole to pop a sensor in.

Probably the closest we could get would be an "auto blip" function that gives you a little shot of throttle when you push the clutch and brake pedal at the same time. I know there is a brake pressure sensor (it's one of the dash options so it's gotta be somewhere in CAN) so you could probably even tweak a map to make it almost perfect based on brake pressure and the last (calculated value) gear you were in.

I'm sure Ktuner could probably come up with that considering it'd be almost like reverse rev-hang, but the question is how time consuming and/or how motivated they are for this feature.
That would be very interesting indeed...

Any chance you might look into this, Ktuner?

BR

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It is not connected to the ECU, but may be on the CAN bus. I'll see what I can find.
Hey J.R., any word when the next update is coming? Always craving more features!

amyisquiet

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic fc1
Country flag
The unit only communicates with the ECU, not the CVT controller.
OBD2 can read CVT temp, this is a protocol problem, HONDA HDS System can also read,

This is an OBD device
Honda Civic 10th gen Feature Request ZwPvyd

Honda Civic 10th gen Feature Request ZwPxOA

Can Ktuner add exhaust temp? Even though it may be analog.
Shielding the O2 sensor makes the exhaust temp unreadable, and HONDATA does not have this problem, maybe they are lowering the threshold, and you are turning off the sensor

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
OBD2 can read CVT temp, this is a protocol problem, HONDA HDS System can also read,
As previously stated, right in your quote, we do not communicate with the CVT controller. Only the ECU.

Can Ktuner add exhaust temp? Even though it may be analog.
Shielding the O2 sensor makes the exhaust temp unreadable, and HONDATA does not have this problem, maybe they are lowering the threshold, and you are turning off the sensor
I have no idea what you're talking about here, unfortunately. There is no exhaust temp sensor.
Sponsored