FBO + Flex Fuel + Custom Tune = 393whp/414wtq

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I would, but I don't have a windows laptop (I have a MacBook, but I use my desktop PC to upload tunes:oops:)

I'll email Jeff to see if he's able to send them to me when my car was on the dyno.
You don't need a computer to datalog. You just hit the datalog button on flashpro to start and then again to stop then you plug flashpro in flashpro manager and you can download data logs.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I would, but I don't have a windows laptop (I have a MacBook, but I use my desktop PC to upload tunes:oops:)

I'll email Jeff to see if he's able to send them to me when my car was on the dyno.
you don't need a windows laptop to datalog. You just click datalog on the flashpro unit to start and click it again to stop recording. :thumbsup:

you just need a windows computer to retrieve the datalog that you took. It's actually better to datalog through the flashpro rather than the laptop because it has higher refresh rates iirc.

I actually use my desktop to alter and upload tunes too.

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Ahhh ok, I thought I read somewhere that I needed the Flashpro to be connected to a laptop in order to datalog:doh:

In that case, I'll try to get it tonight, if not tomorrow:thumbsup:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Ahhh ok, I thought I read somewhere that I needed the Flashpro to be connected to a laptop in order to datalog:doh:

In that case, I'll try to get it tonight, if not tomorrow:thumbsup:
nope. I don't have a windows laptop so i borrowed my friends just to lock the flashpro to the car and then have been using my desktop for everything. Only pain in the butt part is constantly taking it in and out of the car.
I have been debating on getting a cheap laptop though so when i'm out datalogging and doing pulls, i don't have to go home just to adjust some values.

when the flash pro is datalogging, the amber light will turn on and off.

Would be great to have something to compare it to. I'm currently on E26.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Nice man! I remember you were considering the Remus and some of the other mods.

I take it you were not able to get a baseline pull because you already had the bolt ons?

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Nice man! I remember you were considering the Remus and some of the other mods.

I take it you were not able to get a baseline pull because you already had the bolt ons?
Nope, at least not on this particular dyno. I did a stock baseline at another shop on a Mainline dyno last year, but those read considerably lower vs. a Dyno Dynamic, so it wouldn't be apples to apples comparison.

jcp227

First Name
Jimmy Mack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (It's even got a rear spoiler)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I live pretty close to Evan's shop. Ironically my manager went to high school with him. I don't know what all happened with it but I know the FED's were coming after him because he was selling tuning solutions and it was impacting the environment or some BS like that. I can't imagine how it how it would hold up because they all say "For off-road use only".
Anyways sounds like he did a really good job for you.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
Great gains, enjoy the new setup!

This is clearly a hub dyno, is the whp and wtq numbers calculated?

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Great gains, enjoy the new setup!

This is clearly a hub dyno, is the whp and wtq numbers calculated?
Not sure what you mean if they're calculated, I assume all figures read by a dyno are to the "wheels":dunno:

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure what you mean if they're calculated, I assume all figures read by a dyno are to the "wheels":dunno:
TCF is already set to 1 on the graphs so they’re reporting WHP. You can play with the fudge factor (x 1.06) to estimate crank HP. In your case 417hp at the crank, assuming 6% transmission loss reported by a car mag.

Solis#1730

ScarFace#1730
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Country flag
TCF is already set to 1 on the graphs so they’re reporting WHP. You can play with the fudge factor (x 1.06) to estimate crank HP. In your case 417hp at the crank, assuming 6% transmission loss reported by a car mag.
How does it know wheel and tire weight, diameter? Rotational mass and diameter will effect WHP readings.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my car tuned today and I'm very happy with the results. Tuning was performed by Jeff Evans of Evans Tuning (https://www.evans-tuning.com/). Title states the highest numbers I achieved for the day and the max that Jeff would do for me if I wanted to avoid fueling and knock issues. Relevant mods are the following:
  • Hondata Flash Pro
  • SiriMoto flex fuel kit
  • Mishimoto intake
  • PRL intercooler
  • PRL front pipe
  • PRL catted down pipe
  • Remus catback exhaust
Strapped in and ready to go! Aside from the rain, it was a good day for tuning. Ambient temperature was low 70s, and my car had over an hour to cool down since Jeff was still working on another car when I arrived.
IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_9106.JPG

Base line (Hondata OTS FBO 93 calibration): 325whp/383wtq
IMG_6826.JPG

Custom tuned 93: 366whp/400wtq
IMG_4184.JPG

Custom tuned flex fuel (~E35 blend): 393whp/414wtq
IMG_7709.JPG

Key thing to note is that the numbers achieved on flex fuel were on lower boost versus the numbers achieved on 93 (22-23 psi vs 24-25 psi on 93).

I didn't get a chance to really push the car since it was pouring the whole day, but I can definitely feel the difference. I'm very happy with the figures and will keep it this way for a while. At least until someone comes out with an aftermarket fuel pump that works....
great job ;-)
Sponsored