FBO + Flex Fuel + Custom Tune = 393whp/414wtq

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Finally got my car tuned today and I'm very happy with the results. Tuning was performed by Jeff Evans of Evans Tuning (https://www.evans-tuning.com/). Title states the highest numbers I achieved for the day and the max that Jeff would do for me if I wanted to avoid fueling and knock issues. Relevant mods are the following:
  • Hondata Flash Pro
  • SiriMoto flex fuel kit
  • Mishimoto intake
  • PRL intercooler
  • PRL front pipe
  • PRL catted down pipe
  • Remus catback exhaust
Strapped in and ready to go! Aside from the rain, it was a good day for tuning. Ambient temperature was low 70s, and my car had over an hour to cool down since Jeff was still working on another car when I arrived.
Honda Civic 10th gen FBO + Flex Fuel + Custom Tune = 393whp/414wtq IMG_2879.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen FBO + Flex Fuel + Custom Tune = 393whp/414wtq IMG_9106.JPG

Base line (Hondata OTS FBO 93 calibration): 325whp/383wtq
Honda Civic 10th gen FBO + Flex Fuel + Custom Tune = 393whp/414wtq IMG_6826.JPG

Custom tuned 93: 366whp/400wtq
Honda Civic 10th gen FBO + Flex Fuel + Custom Tune = 393whp/414wtq IMG_4184.JPG

Custom tuned flex fuel (~E35 blend): 393whp/414wtq
Honda Civic 10th gen FBO + Flex Fuel + Custom Tune = 393whp/414wtq IMG_7709.JPG

Key thing to note is that the numbers achieved on flex fuel were on lower boost versus the numbers achieved on 93 (22-23 psi vs 24-25 psi on 93).

I didn't get a chance to really push the car since it was pouring the whole day, but I can definitely feel the difference. I'm very happy with the figures and will keep it this way for a while. At least until someone comes out with an aftermarket fuel pump that works....

Last edited:

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
So do the boltons make any difference with the flex fuel kit? I may be wrong but iirc I thought I read somewhere here on the forums that the boltons with a tune using 91 or 93 gas could make a difference but if using said flex fuel kit that the boltons wouldn't really add much over the oem parts.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
nice gains, my only worry with 400trq are the rods...hopefully you have no issues.

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
nice gains, my only worry with 400trq are the rods...hopefully you have no issues.
If you notice hes making peak trq at 4k which is good. Where you start running into problems is hitting loads of trq at lower rpms so basically you just push the trq curve out to the right more.

OP do you have any flex fuel wot logs I can look at, we have similar mods and wanted to see what your car is doing compared to mine.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
the peak torque is pushed farther back to around 4k so it should be ok.

you know i'm going to ask ...... do you have any datalogs of going WOT? I'm curious to see how your fueling is at 35% content.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
If you notice hes making peak trq at 4k which is good. Where you start running into problems is hitting loads of trq at lower rpms so basically you just push the trq curve out to the right more.

OP do you have any flex fuel wot logs I can look at, we have similar mods and wanted to see what your car is doing compared to mine.
I'm well aware of how it's set up, still we do not know how long these motors will last at that power level. I hope it's for a long time.

willskiGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #26262
Country flag
What are the injectors at, duty cycle wise, on the E35 blend?

Has anyone found the limit of the stock rods yet?

How much wheelspin do you have in 1-2-3?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'm well aware of how it's set up, still we do not know how long these motors will last at that power level. I hope it's for a long time.
Yeah i do wonder about that also but it has way too much variables. The stress that a track car receives is just too different from a daily driven car.

Also would have been nice to know what these cars put down stock on their dyno so you can see how these numbers compare to other dyno figures

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
So do the boltons make any difference with the flex fuel kit? I may be wrong but iirc I thought I read somewhere here on the forums that the boltons with a tune using 91 or 93 gas could make a difference but if using said flex fuel kit that the boltons wouldn't really add much over the oem parts.
I believe the boltons are more along the lines of supporting mods, reason being is that ecu tuning involves upping the boost and adjusting other parameters, the boltons support this by being less restrictive than the stock parts, but I'll leave it to the experts to confirm:)

From my experience, the real performance gains are from the ecu tuning and e85. I actually dynoed my car last year at another place--baseline stock, then intake, then PRL intercooler. I don't remember exact numbers but those parts had minimal gains vs. stock. After that, I uploaded the KTuner stage one tune (I previously ran KTuner) and that's where the real gains could be seen. I didn't have my full exhaust during that time, so I never got a chance to dyno and see how much gains were from the full exhaust alone, but I'd assume it'd be more significant than just an intake and intercooler.

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
What are the injectors at, duty cycle wise, on the E35 blend?

Has anyone found the limit of the stock rods yet?

How much wheelspin do you have in 1-2-3?
I don't remember exactly what Jeff said, I'll shoot him an email to see if he can get the exact figures.

It was raining all day yesterday so I didn't push it, but I plan to have some fun today. Hondata's traction control should come in handy:D

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I believe the boltons are more along the lines of supporting mods, reason being is that ecu tuning involves upping the boost and adjusting other parameters, the boltons support this by being less restrictive than the stock parts, but I'll leave it to the experts to confirm:)

From my experience, the real performance gains are from the ecu tuning and e85. I actually dynoed my car last year at another place--baseline stock, then intake, then PRL intercooler. I don't remember exact numbers but those parts had minimal gains vs. stock. After that, I uploaded the KTuner stage one tune (I previously ran KTuner) and that's where the real gains could be seen. I didn't have my full exhaust during that time, so I never got a chance to dyno and see how much gains were from the full exhaust alone, but I'd assume it'd be more significant than just an intake and intercooler.
These cars run of torque tables so you can add all the bolt ons under the sun but you still have the same stock torque targets your not going to make much of a gain but will hit those stock targets easier. That is why I wen't with a tuner from the start and adding parts not.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I don't remember exactly what Jeff said, I'll shoot him an email to see if he can get the exact figures.

It was raining all day yesterday so I didn't push it, but I plan to have some fun today. Hondata's traction control should come in handy:D
mind datalogging and send me the log when you do have some fun :D

I love to see and analyze data.

OP
OP
iLovePho

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
mind datalogging and send me the log when you do have some fun :D

I love to see and analyze data.
I would, but I don't have a windows laptop (I have a MacBook, but I use my desktop PC to upload tunes:oops:)

I'll email Jeff to see if he's able to send them to me when my car was on the dyno.
Sponsored