Fastest you have ever driven?

nickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Touring
Country flag
140mph in my '08 Audi bi-turbo Quattro...

Then the turbo seals blew and smoke went everywhere.

In Mexico.
Sponsored

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
137 mph, VW GTI in Mexico. Gonna take my CTR to Mid Ohio this summer hope to hit that or faster.

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
160mph 1998 pontiac trans am. (Not my car, buddy let me drive it with a 200 shot of nitrous)
141mph 1998 civic hatch with b18b and Garrett turbo.

Fc3_Aj

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 10th gen civic coupe ex
Country flag
What’s the fastest you have ever driven in your Honda
just got ktuner v2 and it removes speed limiter and i just hit 150 last night probally coulda squeezed 5-10 more mph but cars were coming fast and my breaks already warped lmao here a pick

Honda Civic 10th gen Fastest you have ever driven? IMG_2954

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
i just hit 150 last night.... probally coulda squeezed 5-10 more mph but cars were coming fast and my breaks already warped ....
Good to know. o_O

Honestly 150 mph on a public road knowing you have crappy brakes may not be ideal. It's also tricky when Grandma Smith innocently changes lanes and doesn't see you. Just saying.

Here's the thing. I'll admit I've certainly driven fast on a public highway. But you have to be smart about it. I'll make a quick passing move with minimal to no traffic on occasion. Something like going from 65-100 mph. Just a quick, fun burst really. Then I go back into chill mode.

But to do a run at night to 150 mph in traffic is different. It takes a sustained amount of time to build to a speed like that. It's not just a quick burst like I do. With other cars on the road, there's a lot of potential nightmare scenarios that can happen, especially with brakes that aren't the best.

Last edited:

REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
At Road Atlanta on the back straight...

Honda Civic 10th gen Fastest you have ever driven? aVI6pt_55qWj3WPqUIeOQ=w500-h890-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Fc3_Aj

First Name
Aj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 10th gen civic coupe ex
Country flag
Good to know. o_O

Honestly 150 mph on a public road knowing you have crappy brakes may not be ideal. It's also tricky when Grandma Smith innocently changes lanes and doesn't see you. Just saying.

Here's the thing. I'll admit I've certainly driven fast on a public highway. But you have to be smart about it. I'll make a single quick "passing move" with minimal to no traffic on occasion. Something like a 70-100 move. Just a quick burst really. Then I go back into chill mode.

But to do a run at night to 150 mph in traffic is different. It takes a while to build up to that speed. It's not just a quick burst like I do. With other cars on the road, there's a lot of potential nightmare scenarios that can happen, especially with brakes that aren't the best.
yeah i totally get where u coming from and what u mean but right before that there was no cars behind me and it was a long downhill section and the cars in front where like miles ahead before also started slowing down right after this picture.

i normally chill at like 60-65 having even 18 wheelers pass me just because the si final drive is so low it’s at like 3k going 70 and i love to cruise with music and i’ll hit it on occasion getting on on ramp than chill most of the time.

normally dont go that fast unless racing a buddy or the time i found out that even stock the car is faster than a 2023 ford explorer with wierd christmas lights on the roof rack lmfao.

and while we talking about breaks do you know any good brands or recommendations?

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
124 mph in my stock 2016 EX (limiter)
155 mph in my stock 2012 Mazdaspeed3 (limiter)
173 mph on a stock 2013 Kawasaki 1400 ZZR (shit pants)

GoleeMD

First Name
Jim Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Only 135 in the FK8 so far, but could have kept going. Fastest ever was 166 in a 2007 Porsche Cayman S.

toku

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport
Country flag
Funny Road Atlanta was mentioned. That’s the fastest I’ve ever gone about 196 MPH on the back straight going into the down hill then squeezing hard as hell on the brakes to make that right hander. This was on a tracked out GSXR 1000.

Fastest in a car was a number of years back on the autobahn. We were visiting some friends there and took their Jaguar out but I don’t recall the model. Was able to get to just over 210 KPH before having to slow down for traffic.

Civic has been relatively tame, maxing at 95/96 MPH. Not really many opportunities to go fast safely. Mostly drive in the city. Only time I’ve opened it up was on some empty stretches of freeway through the dessert.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In my Ktuned EXT, 133mph and it had more. In 1976 was in high school and my friends 69 Charger got to 145 mph before he let off.
Recently, in my 17 touring coupe 137mph and there was more to go. Someday...

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I got to 121 in my Si going up a mountain on the freeway. That's when I learned my front splash shield screws had fallen out - the air popped the front out and it scraped the road. I spent the rest of the 5 hour trip driving slower and slower to try and keep it from popping back out, stopping each time it did to pop it back in. Eventually I ended up going 55 on the 70mph freeway for the last 2 hours without it popping back out.
Sponsored