First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 01 C5 Corvette, 12 Audi TTRS
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've noticed a large increase in fake type r's... Why? I understand if you have a regular hatch back and you get the type r body kit, thats totally fine, even the red honda badge is somewhat ok (it's a bother but only a pinch of salt), but why in the Gods' names would you put a type r emblem on the car???? :banghead: even worse when you legit try to tell me its a real one, just a "custom special order automatic that honda made just for you" :doh: You ain't fooling no one with the 1.5L in the engine bay, and the basic interior... Also shout out to the coupe that told everyone its a rare type r :thumbsdown: as soon as I pulled up to a meet, he hauled ass before I could go over and f&*% with him about it, then his buddy had the audacity to say mine was fake :rant:. Any one else have these experiences??
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Rice has been around for a long time.

Z06Chris

First Name
C. Yi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It's been done forever... M badges on standard bimmers, AMG badges on a regular C class, etc.
Any "car person" will know it's a fake.
Let them be happy modding their car how they want to or else a LOT of stuff in life will bother you.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Future buyers of used (and real) Type Rs. What's the problem?

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's been done forever... M badges on standard bimmers, AMG badges on a regular C class, etc.
Any "car person" will know it's a fake.
Let them be happy modding their car how they want to or else a LOT of stuff in life will bother you.
Its the lying portion that gets me lol

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I went to cars and coffee in NC. My buddy had dropped his Mustang off for some wrap and we went to waste some time. Pulled in and we were both hey look over at the fake type R. There was a black real one so we parked next to it and walked around. As soon as we walked away the fake one pulled over next to us. After about 20 mins we walked back and I was gonna talk to the guy but as soon as he knew I was the R owner he stopped talking and jumped In his car and took off. The whole thing was strange.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I find it funny how many CTR owners get bent out of shape about this. You drive a civic as well stop trying to pretend like you’re better than someone it’s one of the reasons the Honda community sucks.

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to cars and coffee in NC. My buddy had dropped his Mustang off for some wrap and we went to waste some time. Pulled in and we were both hey look over at the fake type R. There was a black real one so we parked next to it and walked around. As soon as we walked away the fake one pulled over next to us. After about 20 mins we walked back and I was gonna talk to the guy but as soon as he knew I was the R owner he stopped talking and jumped In his car and took off. The whole thing was strange.
They don't want to get caught and made an ass of for lying about what they have.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
They don't want to get caught and made an ass of for lying about what they have.
I was just gonna talk i wasnt gonna call him out or anything. I actually liked his wing better then the OEM. It was same style just smaller and looked better. Hes on far end. front of car was busted up though and you knew it wasnt a R from a mile away.
Honda Civic 10th gen Fake Type R's.... 20190706_101710

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I find it funny how many CTR owners get bent out of shape about this. You drive a civic as well stop trying to pretend like you’re better than someone it’s one of the reasons the Honda community sucks.
I ain't better but I don't lie to others to show off and fake shit. In all other car communities, up-badging is a major no no, especially in the vette community, which I came from. Lying about it is even worse

OP
OP
Akuto

Akuto

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was just gonna talk i wasnt gonna call him out or anything. I actually liked his wing better then the OEM. It was same style just smaller and looked better.
That's all I typically do, I normally pull them to the side and say "hey we both know this isn't [insert car model here], why you doing this? Someone along the way gonna put you on blast and you will be ruined"

side note: Down here, in southeast texas, the car community is a very heavy respect and street cred system. Being exposed for up-badging and lying about it puts you on the lowest of the lows, it would be years before you would gain any respect back.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Its a civic but not any civic thats tgeres wanabe civics and not any civic can have the real badge on it if its not a type r don't slam that badge on a simple civic its like sticking a evo badge on a regular lancer ridiculous
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.