DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
You can't believe such a low price like that..the lowest you're going to get into a new Si is 23.5 - 24K. Also, dealers don't want to talk to you unless you're ready to buy now.
Only reason why I am tempted to believe it is because of "if you buy before December 31st" which leads me to believe there's a quota to meet, possibly.

Check the email for spam/spishing. Is the sender email address (The raw <name>@<domain> legit)? There are spelling error and such, so I don't think this is legit email.

Plus, you and dealer don't really want to talk unless you are ready to make deal. Negotation before then is just noise and dealer may think you are just joking around.
Seems to be coming from legit email address and it quoted a prior email from the other person I was talking to. In regards to your second point, that's why I stated in the email I am still few months away from buying. I'm guessing trying to get me to buy now is the reason for meeting me at my asking price.

22k is possible but watch out for those taxes and fees. Someone else posted a pic of their receipt showing they paid 22k but then the 3k+ in fees and taxes put them over 25k OTD.
Yes, I'm tempted to ask for an out the door price to see what fees they are talking about. I know here in FL our dealer fees are pretty steep.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll respond and see if I get more information/validate that this email is legit or not.
Sponsored

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 6MT
Country flag
Paid this last Saturday as an employee of the company. Essentially invoice minus holdback and most fees. It included cargo tray and all season mats.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fair Price for 2020 Si? F68F471B-66EB-4747-8A46-FEEBF030D886

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Damn.. I’m friends with like 10 of them at my dealer.. lmao
Low 23K would be good. If they start the dealer crap, walk. There are some good dealers. I went through 4 of them before I got mine. 2 minutes haggling and we had a deal

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Here's a classic little story about getting the "best price" for a Honda. Back in 1988 I was 23 years old and really wanted to buy a Honda, I thought they were the best cars around. I would drive by the Honda dealer and see this red 1988 Accord DX hatchback with $13,500 painted in white on the windshield. As much as I wanted that car there was no way I was going to pay almost 14 grand for it! In mid Oct 88 I drove by and they put that same exact car for sale for $11,500. Wow, 2K off the price I went and bought my first new car(with a $1,500 down payment). I always thought I got a great deal for that car but a few years ago I looked up invoices and found that car invoiced for around 9K back then. Just goes to show you how much profit a dealer can make even if you think you're getting a great price.

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
So I responded and never heard anything back lol. I didn't push the issue since I'm not ready but I still wonder it being this time of year if that offer could have been easily possible.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
So I responded and never heard anything back lol. I didn't push the issue since I'm not ready but I still wonder it being this time of year if that offer could have been easily possible.
I doubt it, esp. in Florida where there is very little legislation to regulate the dealerships.

Jeffers

First Name
Jeffers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe purchased on 11-24-19
Country flag
Just my opinion. But I think you'll need to be sitting at the negotiation table, and ready to buy, to get the best deal.
Know what you want to pay OTD. And be ready to keep your word and buy the car if the dealer accepts your offer.
It's like when I'm selling a car private party. Guys will call and say " What's the least you will take?" and I say, come by with cash and we'll negotiate. And call first to make sure the car's still here.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
Just my opinion. But I think you'll need to be sitting at the negotiation table, and ready to buy, to get the best deal.
Know what you want to pay OTD. And be ready to keep your word and buy the car if the dealer accepts your offer.
It's like when I'm selling a car private party. Guys will call and say " What's the least you will take?" and I say, come by with cash and we'll negotiate. And call first to make sure the car's still here.
This is great advice, so very accurate about buying a new Honda as they rarely have to offer substantial deals to sell cars. Once again, living in Florida hurts as the dealers basically are backed by the state to ramrod the consumer. I bought my 17 Si in Fl. but I bought it from a friend at a considerable discount.
Another option is you can go to your DMV and get a temp license and then go buy out of state..this way you might come out 1-2K ahead and of course you'll still have to pay FL. State tax.
In short, buying a new car in FL. is a major pain in the ass, most other states aren't much better. The only comfort I can give someone is the Civic Si is probably the best value sporty car in the U.S. Nothing else, except for a MSRP Type R, comes close. You'll have to take it in the shorts up front but the resale value is so high you'll be very happy when you sell private party 5-10 years from now. Good luck!

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
Here is our breakdown. Car should be here in a week or two:

2020 Honda Civic Si Retail
Your Exclusive Internet Price
Vehicle Price
$22,220
Destination Charge
$930
Documentation & Processing Fee
$250
Ohio Sales Tax Warren County 7%
$1,638
Government & License Fees
$48.50
Your Total Out the Door
$25,086.50

eth700

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Prius 2018 X5
Country flag
Here is our breakdown. Car should be here in a week or two:

2020 Honda Civic Si Retail
Your Exclusive Internet Price
Vehicle Price
$22,220
Destination Charge
$930
Documentation & Processing Fee
$250
Ohio Sales Tax Warren County 7%
$1,638
Government & License Fees
$48.50
Your Total Out the Door
$25,086.50
great price can I ask what dealer this is?

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
great price can I ask what dealer this is?
Jeff Wyler Honda quoted me the price but I had to finance through them. I had a long-time friend give me this price reluctantly at another Cincy-area dealer but even he thought it was really low.

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
Great deal man, I would buy one today at that price. Dealers in our area stuck around $25k and no inventory.

Fredline

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda Miata MX-5
Country flag
Great deal man, I would buy one today at that price. Dealers in our area stuck around $25k and no inventory.
Exactly, NO Inventory. There are still only around 5 2020 SI's within a 75 mile radius of frickin' Seattle!..and 3 are coupes, I want a sedan.
They need to start making a Hatchback Si.

RKS17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37s
Country flag
I went to the dealership to chat with my friend and he had a Hot Wheels CTR (no Si available) for my son to unwrap for Christmas since car is coming later than we thought. They had a CTR sitting on the showroom floor. He said they don't advertise the car since they sell it at MSRP and don't want people buying and re-selling it site unseen.

Last edited: