DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Hi Jon, I'm trying to get the car at 23.5 OTD, which will leave the car about 22.5K in AL. The lowest quotes I got so far is 23,230 for the car. I'm planing to make the purchase in mid Dec, I will keep you posted. Also, you can try using the Costco auto program, it should be much more straightforward.
Yes please do and good luck. I'm going to look into the Costco program. Like I said I have a few more months before I have to pull the trigger but I'll keep this thread updated. Can't wait until we both announce our Si purchases.

Sorry for thread hijacking.
Sponsored

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Hi amirza786, I have one more question regarding Costco program. You mentioned that after you had received the $22,400 Costco offer, you further negotiated the price to $22K.
However, my local dealer told me that there is no room for further negotiation on the Costco offer.
So how did you make the further negotiation? What if the costco offer still doesn't meet my ideal price?
Thx.
The way it works is Costco has a negociated a price, but depending on demand, the dealership etc there is always room to negotiate. In my case there was only one Si left in black (the color I wanted) and the sales guy emailed me saying he didn't know if they would be getting anymore 2018's in that color. 2019 models were coming out soon. I emailed him back that if he dropped it to $22k even, I would buy it right now. He emailed me back 15 minutes later saying we had a deal.

It pretty much depends on the dealership, time of year, inventory available etc. Everything is negotiable. Wait till about June when it's close to the 2021 models and they will be more willing to negotiate

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
If they try to charge you for the dealer added stuff don't be afraid to tell them to take it off, especially for crap like nitrogen tires (120$) or pinstrips (80$). wheel locks, etc.
the had nearly 3k add one on mine. We settled for under 300...what I would have paid elsewhere for window tinting. The add ons cost them next to nothing

Fredline

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda Miata MX-5
Country flag
If you can't wait for June, from what I hear the very end of December thru the end of February are some of the slowest times for car dealers.
The end of 1 of those 3 months might be your best bet as well as finally having some inventory. There a still only about two 2020 Si Sedans within 75 miles of me.

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Last I checked there were maybe 1 or 2 - 2020 Si Sedans within 75 miles of Seattle(much less in Rallye Red).
And there were no 2019's left...so my negotiating power right now would be 0%.
Nail on the head. Right now the 2019s have all but sold out everywhere and the 2020s are slow coming in. It will be several months before there are any deals of any sort on a 2020 Si. I bought the first one here locally where i live and they had very few available anywhere.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Nail on the head. Right now the 2019s have all but sold out everywhere and the 2020s are slow coming in. It will be several months before there are any deals of any sort on a 2020 Si. I bought the first one here locally where i live and they had very few available anywhere.
Depends on your dealer, I got a deal on mine. Ordered it in august as soon as they were available for order and got it for 23665 and there were zero on any lot anywhere at that time.

Maxum

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si
Country flag
Depends on your dealer, I got a deal on mine. Ordered it in august as soon as they were available for order and got it for 23665 and there were zero on any lot anywhere at that time.
Converted to Canadian $ where i am, that's about $500 less than what they sell for on the lot here. Mine was a little more, but i got winter mats, mud flaps and side skirts.

JDMpo0kie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
If u can get it for 23.5k, go for it. That’s a good price.
If it’s like any other dealership salesperson i’ve ever seen, the negotiation will not be friendly and will not be fun. They will fight you the whole way and will not be smiling if you get down to 23.5k. You’re not there to make friends.
Damn.. I’m friends with like 10 of them at my dealer.. lmao

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Damn.. I’m friends with like 10 of them at my dealer.. lmao
You must make them a lot of money.

“steak dinner tonight boys, JDMPookie is back again!”

salesmen are the most soulless people on the planet. They're just good at making you think you're their friend Because they’ve all taken Dale Carnegie classes.

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
So I've been getting emails and calls from different dealers after putting my information on some sites while doing research. I've ignored most of them since I'm really not looking to buy just yet as I have 3 more payments on my current lease. I did write back to one of them as she kept calling and emailing me so I said why not. Today I got an email from a different person (presumably from the same dealer) and I don't know what to make of it. Can this be legit? Did I play my cards too soon by saying a price? I actually said that price thinking they would counter with 22,500 or 23,000 so if it is real I think its a great price. I can't get over the fact that the email is written like a 10 year old wrote it though. Do you guys think I could get this price 3 months down the line? Also, is this email enough to negotiate with other dealers? I apologize for all the questions but this process is pretty new to me. Thanks for the replies.

The shaded part was my initial reply to one of the emails.

Honda Civic 10th gen Fair Price for 2020 Si? Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 7.01.07 PM

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
So I've been getting emails and calls from different dealers after putting my information on some sites while doing research. I've ignored most of them since I'm really not looking to buy just yet as I have 3 more payments on my current lease. I did write back to one of them as she kept calling and emailing me so I said why not. Today I got an email from a different person (presumably from the same dealer) and I don't know what to make of it. Can this be legit? Did I play my cards too soon by saying a price? I actually said that price thinking they would counter with 22,500 or 23,000 so if it is real I think its a great price. I can't get over the fact that the email is written like a 10 year old wrote it though. Do you guys think I could get this price 3 months down the line? Also, is this email enough to negotiate with other dealers? I apologize for all the questions but this process is pretty new to me. Thanks for the replies.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 7.01.07 PM.png
You can't believe such a low price like that..the lowest you're going to get into a new Si is 23.5 - 24K. Also, dealers don't want to talk to you unless you're ready to buy now.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
You can't believe such a low price like that..the lowest you're going to get into a new Si is 23.5 - 24K. Also, dealers don't want to talk to you unless you're ready to buy now.
22k is possible but watch out for those taxes and fees. Someone else posted a pic of their receipt showing they paid 22k but then the 3k+ in fees and taxes put them over 25k OTD.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 7.01.07 PM.png
Check the email for spam/spishing. Is the sender email address (The raw <name>@<domain> legit)? There are spelling error and such, so I don't think this is legit email.

Plus, you and dealer don't really want to talk unless you are ready to make deal. Negotation before then is just noise and dealer may think you are just joking around.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
22k is possible but watch out for those taxes and fees. Someone else posted a pic of their receipt showing they paid 22k but then the 3k+ in fees and taxes put them over 25k OTD.
I paid my 2018 for 24.5k OTD with 9% tax. So 22k before tax/fee is possible.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
I paid my 2018 for 24.5k OTD with 9% tax. So 22k before tax/fee is possible.
Yes but also keep in mind the 2018 was nearly 1k less with an MSRP of 24,100 whereas the 2020 jumped to 25,000.
Sponsored